A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

New Preorders from Atlantis:

View attachment 816493
I almost hit the order button for the H16.
 
I almost hit the order button for the H16.
I gotta admit that I dimly recall seeing the old Revell kit on the shelves, way back when, but otherwise I ain't never heard of the H-16. I do recall the Piasecki H-21 and even had a BIG working model of one when I was a little kid, but not the H-16.

I am hoping they will reissue the old Revell H-19 kit. I built both it and the Aurora kit but it is now more interesting to me. Circa 1977 while I was at Tinker AFB they came to me and said they had lost the drawings to a part for the H-19 and needed to buy some to support some foreign allies that were still flying them. So they needed me to get one of those parts out of supply, reverse engineer it, and make an official USAF drawing of it so they could buy some. It was about the simplest part you could imagine (and today if I needed one like it I'd go on ebay and try to find something that would work), but I can say I designed a part for the H-19!
 
I just got a pop up ad for ebay and I have to admit this is VERY impressive.

Screenshot 2025-02-05 at 12-26-30 1_32 Zoukei-Mura #SWS001 J7W1 Shinden eBay.png
 
Actually, a diorama with an old Aurora Godzilla (forced perspective positioning) would be a hoot!
How about a J7W1 dogfighting a jet P-55?

xp55.jpeg
 
I gotta admit that I dimly recall seeing the old Revell kit on the shelves, way back when, but otherwise I ain't never heard of the H-16. I do recall the Piasecki H-21 and even had a BIG working model of one when I was a little kid, but not the H-16.

I am hoping they will reissue the old Revell H-19 kit. I built both it and the Aurora kit but it is now more interesting to me. Circa 1977 while I was at Tinker AFB they came to me and said they had lost the drawings to a part for the H-19 and needed to buy some to support some foreign allies that were still flying them. So they needed me to get one of those parts out of supply, reverse engineer it, and make an official USAF drawing of it so they could buy some. It was about the simplest part you could imagine (and today if I needed one like it I'd go on ebay and try to find something that would work), but I can say I designed a part for the H-19!
🥇
 
No GB#65 for me :confused:
So next project will be an early A6M5 model 52 (possibly flown by Iwamoto Tetsuzo: speculative profile => no photographic reference) from No 253 Kokutai during February 1944.
Iwamoto T.-A6M5 253 kok fév 1944_1.jpg
 
Italian sounds tasty and Vichy will be colourful I hope
 
IMG_20250214_201144.jpg

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back