A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The page alignment and features are mostly driven by CSS stylesheets and JavaScript, and if a stylesheet isn't called up from the database as the page is loading, it can knock everything out of alignment.

I get the same errors (and oddities) on either my Firefox or Safari. So I suspect when there's a lag between Cloudflare and the server, it'll cause the page to "skew" or show anomalies because of the extensive stylesheet references required for the page (and features) to load.

The page alignment and features are mostly driven by CSS stylesheets and JavaScript, and if a stylesheet isn't called up from the database as the page is loading, it can knock everything out of alignment.

I get the same errors (and oddities) on either my Firefox or Safari. So I suspect when there's a lag between Cloudflare and the server, it'll cause the page to "skew" or show anomalies because of the extensive stylesheet references required for the page (and features) to load.
Dave, if you press f12, chrome will give you a console with error reports. You could see there what goes wrong.

Marcel, I'm running Firefox (Version 44.0.2), to be honest, I won't touch Chrome.

I've done enough WebDev in days bygone to spot script issues & errors...and that's why I suspect that when the "handshake" between Cloudflare and the server lags, some datasheets may not load on request as the client's browser is calling the database, causing the content to go haywire.

I sure miss the simple days of HTML 3.2 and JavaScript 1.1 (heavy sigh)

Last edited:
Marcel, I'm running Firefox (Version 44.0.2), to be honest, I won't touch Chrome.

Don't blame you. FF has a great plugin for debugging called firebug. I use it all the time.

I've done enough WebDev in days bygone to spot script issues & errors...and that's why I suspect that when the "handshake" between Cloudflare and the server lags, some datasheets may not load on request as the client's browser is calling the database, causing the content to go haywire.

I sure miss the simple days of HTML 3.2 and JavaScript 1.1 (heavy sigh)
You're probably right. It seems to me that the europeans don't encounter the problem. It's either a caching in the line or problems with the steppingstones. I incline to the caching probblems as it seems like all css data comes from the cache.

Just popped up again...

Untitled.jpg

...refreshed and reverted back to normal.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back