A Little Side Job

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
28,075
8,777
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Location
Colorado, USA
This weekend I was at Brown Field, San Diego doing a condition inspection on a TS-11 Iskra - one of the easiest East Bloc jets I ever worked on, a pure delight. Engine was easily accessible, it was low enough to the ground where you didn't need a lot of ladders and stands to climb all over it. This picture was taken right after we did our engine runs - all "OK."

Wurger, V2 - my compliments to your aviation industry! :thumbright:
 

Attachments

  • iskra.jpg
    iskra.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 208
Always was a pretty little thing - the Iskara I mean. However, the view from the rear cockpit can't be that clever, and you can't cuff Caruthers smartly around the ear when he gets it wrong, which (being a student) is frequently!
 
I sat in the rear and believe it or not the front view wasn't that bad with a student in the front cockpit. It seemed you're slightly elevated as well.
 
Plexiglass - that prohibits an instructor from throwing his kneeboard at the student!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back