A look at German fighter Ace kill claims

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Multiple eyewitness of the same event will tell very different tales. Your absolute conviction in reporting done under the duress of war actually undermines your credibility.
I acknowledge that the reports will have different stories from either side.

I said this
I never said they will be 100% the same just that they're close enough to match

I did not call him a name, or attack him personally.

Now stop instigating things that are not there.
Your language in general man, you are a mod. No shame in taking a breather from the screen before writing an emotion filled response.
Speaking of which, I will do just that.

Records from opposing sides won't usually be 100% match just close enough

Your language in general man, you are a mod. No shame in taking a breather from the screen before writing an emotion filled response.
Speaking of which, I will do just that.

Lets make a deal. You knock it off with your condescending attitude, and I'll work on my language. As I said earlier, it takes two…

I think you have opened a good debate, but unless you look at every loss, of every aircraft, at every time a pilot squeezed the trigger regardless of whether he made a claim, then you can't be absolutely positive.
I do look at every single loss at every single time in a certain theatre and I also examine confirmed as well as unconfirmed claims

But since there are loads of levels of reporting there is no chance that they all go missing for a certain loss.

On a side note, my use of the word "Bullshit" was not directed at you personally. It was at the idea that there is no chance.

I can tell you something right now. Reporting in the military is the furthest thing from accurate. The more levels you add, the more grey it gets. During WW2 it was no different.

I knew bullshit wasn't meant at me personally because you said my statement was not me.

Of course military reporting has mistakes and that's why differences appear between the two sides but the details will be close enough. There's no way I could crash at Manchester and the report says London for example

We may disagree, but I can at least converse with you. My apologies this is all getting out of hand again.

It is best that I take my own advice from way earlier in this thread and recuse myself.

No, you assume you are looking at every loss. You have no way to know you in fact did.
But the assumption is true in my opinion because even if some details of loss reports get lost, there are loads of reports of the same thing over and over again.

The loss will be mentioned:

In the VA report

In the corps report

In the Division report

In the regiment report

In the personnel loss report

In the front report

In other units reports that were in the area

To me the likelihood of all of them going missing for one loss is hard to believe

You just nailed it. In your opinion.

And in mine, we cannot be certain.

You just nailed it. In your opinion.

And in mine, we cannot be certain.
Oh so you think that the loss could go missing at all these levels?

In the VA report

In the corps report

In the Division report

In the regiment report

In the personnel loss report

In the front report

In other units reports that were in the area (and then the same thing here so their VA report, corps report, division report, regiment report, personnel loss report, front report)

For me the outcome that they all go missing is too far fetched and so I say I have every loss.

Users who are viewing this thread