A Macchi C 202 dedicated to Orlando Mandolini (From the Pacific Coast model in 1:32 scale)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hello everybody,
in the late eighties, on a business trip, I had the opportunity to meet a guy, Orlando Mandolini who was a WW2 Italian ace with 7 certified victories, most of them in North Africa. He is the first from the right in the picture.

After reading some news on him on a book dedicated to the history of "4 Stormo Caccia", I decided to build the PCM kit that was sitting in my cabinet a do replica of what presumably was the plane his mount in Libya.

The kit itself is very well known with all its plus and minus, several minus in this case, as you can learn from the quantity of putty needed.
First I separated flying surfaces and modified them to cope with Serie III specifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more pictures that shows the amount of putty that was required, specially to increase by aprox 2 mm the length of the nose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread