A man's barbecue

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 2, 2009
United Kingdom
Aussies can disregard this advice as it is woven into their DNA

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three-metre exclusion zone, where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8 ) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

Attachments

• barbecue.jpg
    barbecue.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 448
#2 has me confused, who the heck needs salad, veggies, and desert at a BBQ;) That's almost like putting beans in Chili!!! Meat is what it's all about.

Very true. My son has realised that there is one basic rule to cooking. Cooking inside: women. Cooking outside: men.

He went to a barbie at his cricket club last year and refused a burger because a woman had cooked it. Absolutely scandalous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm doing things wrong, a friend and I are going to smoke/BBQ a big batch of Park Spare Ribs this weekend. We are going to the market to get the meat, then prepare it for the smoker, and smoke it as well. Can't trust a woman to do this kind of work;) And I wonder why I've never been married;)
Only Veggies I will be handling are the Jalepenos that with be filled with cheese and little sausages, wrapped in bacon, a toothpick jammed through the whole works to keep it all together. Who needs anythign else, other than the beer to keep us hydrated through the 6-7 hour cook;)

Only Veggies I will be handling are the Jalepenos that with be filled with cheese and little sausages, wrapped in bacon, a toothpick jammed through the whole works to keep it all together. Who needs anythign else, other than the beer to keep us hydrated through the 6-7 hour cook;)

My mouth just started watering. So, Buck, when and where? Save a seat for me!!

I guess I'm doing things wrong, a friend and I are going to smoke/BBQ a big batch of Park Spare Ribs this weekend. We are going to the market to get the meat, then prepare it for the smoker, and smoke it as well. Can't trust a woman to do this kind of work;) And I wonder why I've never been married;)

Damn that sounds good... I'm there, man... I'll bring the beer!

Where = North Branch, Minnesota in my buddies, fathers back yard. You just need to drive to North Branch and start sniffing for BBQ smoke. If you find us you're welcome to some BBQ.

When = Tomorrow, Saturday May 8th, 2010.

If you can't make it I may torment you all with some pictures on Monday;)

Hey guys, you get the feeling that this was written by a woman?

I mean, seriously...that "list" just doesn't exist in my world and is just too orderly...

Now to be fair, items number 5 and 8 are dead-on...

I come from a BBQ culture, and have a pretty good idea of how to down to business with a BBQ ...LOL

Hey guys, you get the feeling that this was written by a woman?

I mean, seriously...that "list" just doesn't exist in my world and is just too orderly...

Now to be fair, items number 5 and 8 are dead-on...

I come from a BBQ culture, and have a pretty good idea of how to down to business with a BBQ ...LOL

I hear ya, but I also agree with #12

I was invited to a stay over and a BBQ at one of my best and closest friends while in Sweden, cool I thought......I did the BBQ! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back