A MK II Spitfire. Dinky Toy. 1972.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hedge hopper

Airman
Dec 26, 2012
mypicturespics324.jpg

mypicturespics327.jpg

mypicturespics313.jpg

mypicturespics317.jpg

mypicturespics318.jpg

mypicturespics315.jpg

I bought this metal Spitfire from a souvenir shop at Heathrow during 1972. A very small battery used to run the propeller around, can't seem to get them anymore :rolleyes:
Sorry forgot to add that this model is just very slightly bigger than a 1/72nd scale.

Last edited:
I still have my Dinky Spit from when I was a kid. Sadly, mine saw too much "love" - the canopy was smashed and the propellor blades removed...can't remember why but it seemed like a good idea at the time (when I was 6!). Shame the batteries aren't available any more - it did look rather cool with the prop spinning round. Happy days...thanks for the trip down memory lane!

I still have my Dinky Spit from when I was a kid. Sadly, mine saw too much "love" - the canopy was smashed and the propellor blades removed...can't remember why but it seemed like a good idea at the time (when I was 6!). Shame the batteries aren't available any more - it did look rather cool with the prop spinning round. Happy days...thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Hi buffnut, Nice to know that you also have one as well, don't know of any other who does? Yes, the canopy on mine keeps falling-off everytime it does a loop (Quite often) also the radio aerial has long since sent it's last message, but it's still a great Spitfire model that I love. Cheers. :D

Wish I still had mine :(.

They fetch pretty good cash now when up for sale. I also had the Harrier !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back