A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks interesting. Paul (Maximowitz) might be able to advise on content/quality ?

I think some of you guys already pointed it out to me as a possible excellent source for reference material. Dunno if I've seen a thread about there series on this forum or another, but I've seen it somewhere.

EDIT:
Book has just now been delivered (boy these guys are fast when it comes to shipping) and it seems to be an excellent book. Loads and loads of very interesting pic's I've never ever seen before (and I've seen quite a few sofar)

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Paul (Maximowitz) might be able to advise on content/quality ?

I've heard they are excellent books - but as I don't read German pretty useless to me. I realise the photo captions are in English, but my primary interest is in NJG Unit history.

Last edited:
[...] I realise the photo captions are in English, but my primary interest is in NJG Unit history.

If I need to comment on anything about the book it has to be the somewhat odd English translations, but other then that it's excellent sa far as the picture go (however I'm glad I paid a little attention durig my German classes though)

Although it might be a costly affair, I'm seriously considering at least getting the second volume of the series (because of the NJG.2 section)

Ordered me a new book today. Gonna check out this series for bit. With NJG.1 and NJG.2 being my primary areas of interest (due to the fact that a good bunch of Staffeln operated in the area I live), so I don't know if other books in the series would be useful (as far a modeling goes) but this volume deals with NJG.1 (among other things) so it should be a good starting point.

highly recommended photo albums IMHO

posted my "review" of this series

FalkeEins - the Luftwaffe blog: Die Deutsche Luftwaffe - Zerstörer- und Nachtjagdverbände book series by Stipdonk Meyer

Working on Vol V currently

highly recommended photo albums IMHO

posted my "review" of this series

FalkeEins - the Luftwaffe blog: Die Deutsche Luftwaffe - Zerstörer- und Nachtjagdverbände book series by Stipdonk Meyer

Working on Vol V currently

Couldn't agree more, even by only looking though it in a casual way. Paired with more text based books detailing the operations it great. Funny How I read about a particular event in one book (Wespennest Leeuwarden series in particular) and then to find an odd picture exists to go with it.

airfixbf110reference.jpg

After having bougt the first volume of this series the other day to check it out and to see how the service of the webshop was (as it seems the series is not available in every webshop you look)

I wanted more. The quality of the photographic material in the first volume was just amazing. With a little extra cash available (holiday reservations of 12 months being cashed) I decided I 'needed' a treat and ordered volumes 2-4 as well :O

Last edited:
Hi,
I just got for just a few Euros this booklet from e-bay

WaffenArsenal0001-vi.jpg

Unfortunately it's in German, a language I don't speak but most are drawing/photos of dashboard and relevant instruments, like shown in this sample page

WaffenArsenal0002-vi.jpg

If you are interested in anything specific just let me know, I will be very please to find out if the information are available.
Cheers
Alberto

Just got this oen in. It's been one of the better books on the Luftwaffe Warplanes as it also lists a number of the lesser known aircraft such as the Fw 191, Hs 130, Ju 323, and the Bf 161/162. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 51WD-Uj6C3L__SS400_.jpg
    51WD-Uj6C3L__SS400_.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread

Back