A new book in my library. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Arrived a while ago....

IMG_20160617_141731.jpg

They look interesting old chap. Let me know what they're like when you've had a chance to look at them.

They're great old boy, the Tigers in Combat, I bought when they first came out, I've missed thumbing them for a good while, the Tigers in Normandy goes well the other two, well spent money!

Needed to cheer myself up a wee bit....

9780811713115.jpg

Scouts Out is the definitive account of German armored reconnaissance in World War II, essential for historians, armor buffs, collectors, modelers, and wargamers. The first extensive treatment of the subject in English, it features: Profiles of the armored reconnaissance vehicles that performed vital functions for the Third Reich's war machineCapsule histories of the reconnaissance elements of panzer and mechanized infantry divisions, including those of the Waffen-SS and LuftwaffeFirsthand accounts from reconnaissance soldiersHundreds of photos, the majority of which have never been published before. Color illustrations of uniforms and insignia....

400 pages....

9780811715713.jpg

During World War II, German armored reconnaissance laid the groundwork--often through small-unit actions--for the stunning tank and infantry operations that made the German military famous. Robert Edwards's follow-up to Scouts Out, the first extensive treatment of the subject in English, focuses on the battles and personalities found in ranks of the Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe, and other divisions. * Covers armored reconnaissance in Poland, France in 1940, the Balkans, North Africa, the Eastern Front, Italy, and the Western Front * Numerous firsthand accounts and after-action reports * Analysis of recon operations, from tactics and doctrine to vehicles and commanders....

528 pages....

It seems that stans for " Kriegsstärkenachweisungen " - the German equivalent of the American table of organization and equipment (TO&E) or the British war establishment.

Looks interesting Jan, guess these are coming for me for fathers day. Was told they will arrive tomorrow. Not sure what to expect.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back