A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20190203_091404.jpg

I may have been too harsh on this series of books in a previous thumbnail review. This particular issue has a few pictures of a derelict Piaggio P.108 A in Luftwaffe markings with 102 mm cannon in a modified nose not seen by me in any previous "A" pictures. There are "cut-aways" in the usual bulbous "A" nose to allow better vision by the pilot and copilot. And if that was not enough, there is an aerial picture of a postwar Luftwaffe aircraft collection site with 31 Heinkel He 219's!

As a side note, a previous issue had a picture of Dana Bell's father inspecting some Luftwaffe derelicts. There has to be a story there!

View attachment 528076
I may have been too harsh on this series of books in a previous thumbnail review. This particular issue has a few pictures of a derelict Piaggio P.108 A in Luftwaffe markings with 102 mm cannon in a modified nose not seen by me in any previous "A" pictures. There are "cut-aways" in the usual bulbous "A" nose to allow better vision by the pilot and copilot. And if that was not enough, there is an aerial picture of a postwar Luftwaffe aircraft collection site with 31 Heinkel He 219's!

As a side note, a previous issue had a picture of Dana Bell's father inspecting some Luftwaffe derelicts. There has to be a story there!

Nice Jim

LOL Master Wayne, which one you going to next after South Pacific Vol 2?

Well Paul I'm not sure now my latest was on the doorstep when I got home....this one might slip in ahead of Carrier Attack I think......I could even bump SWP 2....!
This is Number 2 in the series of the 'Pearl Harbor Tactical Studies' series , with No.3 due out late this year "They're Killing our Boys" attack on Hickham Field

P2042254.JPG

Well Paul I'm not sure now my latest was on the doorstep when I got home....this one might slip in ahead of Carrier Attack I think......I could even bump SWP 2....!
This is Number 2 in the series of the 'Pearl Harbor Tactical Studies' series , with No.3 due out late this year "They're Killing our Boys" attack on Hickham Field

View attachment 528158

Cool Wayne, I finished SP2, though left me wanting more. Says they will be doing volume 3 so will have to wait. Started Air Apachies.

This particular issue has a few pictures of a derelict Piaggio P.108 A in Luftwaffe markings with 102 mm cannon in a modified nose not seen by me in any previous "A" pictures. There are "cut-aways" in the usual bulbous "A" nose to allow better vision by the pilot and copilot. And if that was not enough, there is an aerial picture of a postwar Luftwaffe aircraft collection site with 31 Heinkel He 219's!
Very nice, Vick. I think I will look for it.

20190206_201342.jpg

Comes in a cardboard slip case. Very picture heavy, which is nice because my Japanese is a little rusty. Buy if you can get for cheap. I have Volume 1 in a dilapidated state but only cost $5.00. This one was a bit more, but way south of the $100.00+ I have seen them going for... Excuse me, I'm off the look for Volume 2. Happy trails

Users who are viewing this thread

Back