A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Awesome Book Steph some great new info in it to consider for Zero projects....
Wayne, it's the reason why I'm modifying the wheel wells and small inner wheel well doors color, I also modified the propeller spinner...
Very interesting book with some aircraft that I didn'k know (Nishizawa one's in 4th Kok.) and some precisions about the one flown by Okumura.

One of the best references on the Battle of the Coral Sea is John Lundstrom's The First Team: Pacific Naval Air Combat from Pearl Harbor to Midway (Naval Institute Press 1984). Available in hardback and paperback.

So are you looking forward to the Eduard Zeroes...?

I got plenty of both brands too but resistance will be futile.....I will be drawn to at least 1 first release boxing.....sticking to that will be the hard part...

A few recent additions. The Brisfit book is absolutely THE BIBLE on the type. Incredible amounts of detail and tons of photos, all on high-quality glossy paper. It weighs a ton but was worth every penny. At the other end of the spectrum, the RAF Technical Notes date from 1918 and are the rigging notes for aircraft listed alphabetically from A to L....and, of course, they include the Brisfit. Fascinating info on how riggers would true-up these First World War types.

I think the others are pretty self-explanatory. The "Six Weeks of Blenheim Summer" is a personal account by a Blenheim pilot in the Battle of France. His Granddaughter helped finish the book. I hadn't seen it before until a spied a copy on a friend's bookshelf. Since I'm mostly interested in the first 2-3 years of WW2, and have had a long-standing fascination with the Fall of France in 1940, it was too good a book to pass up.

The Handley Page Aircraft book is very detailed. I primarily bought it for a comprehensive section about the use of converted Handley Page O/400 bombers as postwar commercial airliners. Alas, it didn't answer the questions I had but it did include some rather lovely photos of the type in South Africa.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread