A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gone a bit click-happy on World of Books. Stack of WW2 narrative histories that should keep me busy for a good while.

James Holland: The War in the West (vols. 1 and 2), Together We Stand (North Africa - about 800 pages!), Big Week
Jonathan Dimbleby: The Battle of the Atlantic
Antony Beevor: Arnhem
Stephen Bungay: Alamein

If you are interested in the F-111 (USAF) this is a photo history of every aircraft, short history of each including final disposition (accident AMARC, etc…) over 300 pages with a history of the aircraft type and a history of each sub variant! Excellent in my not so humble opinion.
IMG_1925.jpeg

Hi ARTESH, sorry but there are no dates on any of them ?
The album of international airlines is from 1936. I guess the other one is around that same time, somewhere between 1935 and 1938

Edit: I'm right, An album of aeroplanes (civil) is from 1935.

Before the war it was rare to put in years of print. So no date in the book quite often means before 1940.

The album of international airlines is from 1936. I guess the other one is around that same time, somewhere between 1935 and 1938

Edit: I'm right, An album of aeroplanes (civil) is from 1935.

Before the war it was rare to put in years of print. So no date in the book quite often means before 1940.
Having color photos for that timeline, I think they were expensive back then!

Having color photos for that timeline, I think they were expensive back then!
These were cards placed in cigarette packets and collected, usually by the children in the family. You could write to the company and they would, possibly for a small fee, send you the album to glue the cards in. I remember as a child doing what they called and believe still do "Swapsies" in the school yard. It was a way of getting rid of duplicated picture cards and collecting cards missing from your collection. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back