A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would buy some of those Secret Projects books, but not having access to browse through before I purchase, I am worriied that I will have a book filled with fanciful napkin sketches. If it didn't at least make it to the mockup stage, then I'm not interested.
And yet for me, that is the attraction

for some of the pre WW II and during WW II books it is interesting to see possible alternatives to what was actually made or what the general line of thought was.
Post WW II the ratio of actual things built to proposals changed a bit and programs stretched out. The Hawker Hunter was built to a 1946 requirement (and revised several times), prototype flew 20 July 1951 and the first "production" version flew 16 March 1953 but the Hunter did not enter squadron service until July 1954, Eight years.
In eight years the Spitfire was going into the MK VIII, MK IX and MK XII versions.
The overlap between post war programs and the difference in electronics can also get confusing and the requirements for electronics in volume and weight are not well described in most (all?) books on designs and proposals from any country.
In the 1950s things also get confusing as the newer generation jet engines have very different power to weight ratios and rather different fuel consumptions.

A lot more "behind the curtain" stuff ;)

Last one. Not received but purchased in a generic second hand book store. 12 euros with the ok of the wife, so totally legit.

A visual history of the spanish naval aviation since 1917. Some 300+ pages in 30x25 cm format. Out of curiosity search for It and second hand up to 190 euros!

IMG20231130185258.jpg

Will do Grahame.
Like you, I've always liked and admired Jimmy Stewart, both as an actor and Officer, and I'm currently researching for a 1/48th scale B-24 diorama showing his 453rd BG aircraft ( Male Call), which I intend to donate to the museum at Old Buckenham airfield.

Great. Thanks...but who the hell is Grahame? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back