A NEW GOVERNMENT IN CANADA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average voter is an idiot. I remember Justin's father being asked on TV if he felt bound to keep his election promises and he said no. He got elected anyway. He also gave us that multiculturalism mistake. Hope Justin is not as ideologically wacky.

Canadians don't vote for a PM .... that's done by the Party in leadership reviews/conventions .... Canadians vote for party candidates running to be MP ... they (Canadians)vote for a Government. Over where you are in OZ the parties have adopted legislation that allows the party caucus to de-frock a PM.
That's much like here in the U.S., people think they vote a new president into office, but in reality, it's the electoral college that decides who is the next president, not the popular vote.

The EC was created in a time when there was no efficient way to communicate. Now it's time to modernize and update the process. The current process allows a candidate to win with only 11 states. If we keep the EC, reduce to the electors to the number of Senators from each state which is 2 each. The winner would be determined by how many states they won. This would give all votes the same value.

Last edited:
If I had my way, the old ways would be put back into effect, where the congressman/senator AND president would be on a minimal compensation for their tenure as it was back at the start.

Being the President of the U.S. is a privilege, not a "job". Being a congressman or a Senator is a duty, not a "job" and none should be a "profession" and none should be paid like rock-stars. Just like jury duty only pays 10 or 13 dollars a day - minimal compensation.

This is how the government was envisioned by the founding fathers, most of whom warned against professional politicians running the government.

So far, our "leaders" are paid exceptionally well ($100,000 to $250,000 annually - plus free lifetime medical benefits PLUS lifetime retirement benefits) and not a single one of them is worthy of their pay...

Yeah, but most of them could probably still earn more in the private sector.

Not sure if Putin could be placed in that class...he's simply a clever, power hungry ex-KGB agent who wants to be Uncle Joe version 2.0

As far as U.S. politicians, there are already a huge number of multi-millionaires (and several billionaires) in Washington. A prime example: John Kerry's net worth is almost 200 million AND he's married to Teresa Heinz (of the Heinz food dynasty) and she alone is worth nearly 1.2 billion. And the top ten richest congressmen range from nearly 360 million to a paltry 38 million.

Even Hillary Clinton, who is appealing to the masses with her "barely getting by" campaign platform, has a net worth of nearly 52 million (poor thing must be starving)

Not sure if Putin could be placed in that class...he's simply a clever, power hungry ex-KGB agent who wants to be Uncle Joe version 2.0

As far as U.S. politicians, there are already a huge number of multi-millionaires (and several billionaires) in Washington. A prime example: John Kerry's net worth is almost 200 million AND he's married to Teresa Heinz (of the Heinz food dynasty) and she alone is worth nearly 1.2 billion. And the top ten richest congressmen range from nearly 360 million to a paltry 38 million.

Even Hillary Clinton, who is appealing to the masses with her "barely getting by" campaign platform, has a net worth of nearly 52 million (poor thing must be starving)
With that much money one would think that she could at least afford a plastic surgeon to make her face into something that doesn't make you want to puke. It seems that her face pops up on the telly every time I'm eating and it puts me off my food for five hours.

Last edited:
I am surprised the government hasn't legalized it at the federal level....to keep citizen's minds off of government...much the way roman leaders kept creating holidays.

I am surprised the government hasn't legalized it at the federal level....to keep citizen's minds off of government...much the way roman leaders kept creating holidays.
Panem Et Circenses (Bread and Circuses)

The Roman government knew what it was doing and modern governments still do it. Funny thing is, the people, after 2,000 years, still fall for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back