A Small Museum in My Neighborhood

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Proton45, hope you do so, it is a great exhibit. you used to be able to walk outside on the deck and climb down through the actual hatches but that was in a simpler time. There is also a coal mine that you can go down into. everything costs extra though
Shinpachi, I agree that is quite a musuem and very nice pictures

Thank you very much for the compliments, Aaron, Mike and GG!

homare_montage_image103S.jpg

Attachments

• PC020136SS.JPG
    PC020136SS.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 88
  • エンジン架台(実寸)エンジӥ.JPG
    エンジン架台(実寸)エンジӥ.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 99
I think you should actually take your three images shown here, with the original, the one where you have reduced the opacity and the other, showing the full CGI image, and show them to the folks at the museum, Shinpachi...seriously!

That would allow the visitors to see that engine they way it looked new. :thumbleft:

I think you should actually take your three images shown here, with the original, the one where you have reduced the opacity and the other, showing the full CGI image, and show them to the folks at the museum, Shinpachi...seriously!

That would allow the visitors to see that engine they way it looked new. :thumbleft:

Thank you very much for your kind advice, GG.
I think I have found out how I can contribute to the museum:)

Shinpachi this is a old Whizzer conversion. you could buy these through mail order and the ads were in comic books or magazines aimed toward boys, like Boy's Life
The drive ring was clamped to the spokes and usually ended up breaking them unless you bought their heavy-duty spokes

Attachments

• whizzer2.jpg
    whizzer2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Shinpaci, I have seen similar versions at local bike shops. here they call it a hill assist and it is not meant for continuous use. Those are pretty hefty battery packs so you should get some decent distance

Shinpachi, makes me feel old, I can actually remember sitting at railroad crossings with my Dad and seeing those big steam locos passing by

Mike I think you mean they have a 727 at that museum in Chicago, not 747.

Shinpachi - Love that space Battleship Yamamoto. I used to be able to catch the cartoon over here when I was young. I remember thinking that the wave motion gun was sick (cool)!

:D

Thanks for your kind comments, Gnomey, Mike and Capt.Vick!

The first model of Shinkansen, the bullet train, called System 0 in 1964.
PC020090S.jpg

DSCN3783S.jpg

The Maglev first test train ML-500 and its superconductivity magnet levitation motor in 1977.
DSCN3665S.jpg

PC020088S.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gnoemy you like them!

Sorry but I must correct "System 100 " to "System 0 " for the first Shinkansen.
System 100 was the second generation from 1985 to 1992.

Shinpachi, feeling old again, can remember when that train was BIG news, now here it is in a museum. that's where I'll be pretty soon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back