A Small Museum in My Neighborhood

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

shinpachi, thank you but i was actually asking about the photo in post #34. looks like a large ship floating in the sky

Sorry Mike but that was my CG work - the space battleship Yamato.
Wow:shock:

Sorry again!

Attachments

• YAMATO_R黒錆_wヤマト01image004ab&c_SS.JPG
    YAMATO_R黒錆_wヤマト01image004ab&c_SS.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 58
Bicycles.
These were major transportation tools again soon after the ww2.

DSCN3756S.jpg

DSCN3762S.jpg

DSCN3758S.jpg

Shinpachi, thank you, very nice work on both photos wish I could do things like that.
you know I'll bet you could take some small war-surplus gasoline engines bolt them to the bike frame and have a cheap motorized transport

Shinpachi, thank you, very nice work on both photos wish I could do things like that.
you know I'll bet you could take some small war-surplus gasoline engines bolt them to the bike frame and have a cheap motorized transport

Thanks Mike and you can read my mind as I was going to introduce motorized bikes next:)

Shinpachi, I think Soichiro Honda beat you to it
but nice pictures of the old motorcycles. I have a 1970 Suzuki T500 that I bought brand-new and still runs great

Oh Yes Mike. This is Honda's first bike(right) manufactured in 1946.
Suzuki is also excellent.

Attachments

• 3515140969_83bc29d556_o.jpg
    3515140969_83bc29d556_o.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 61
Shinpachi, when I was young, (1950s) a company called WHIZZER sold a kit for about $20 which would convert any ordinary bike into a motor bike. The motor and fuel tank hung from the cross-bar, a big ring attached to the rear wheel spokes and a belt connected them. Looked just like the bike on the right.
very nice, thank you for the pictures

Shinpachi, when I was young, (1950s) a company called WHIZZER sold a kit for about $20 which would convert any ordinary bike into a motor bike. The motor and fuel tank hung from the cross-bar, a big ring attached to the rear wheel spokes and a belt connected them. Looked just like the bike on the right.
very nice, thank you for the pictures

Thanks Mike for your nice old memory.
Yes, in my old memory too, such devices were selling at local cycle shops.

More good stuff Shinpachi! Got to love a flying Yamato battleship 8)

Thanks Gnomey for enjoying my montage work as it is frankly.
Needless to say, or might need to say for other guys who don't know about me well yet, I have no other intention about the Yamato but merely a SF item.

Now here are also scale models in the museum.
Old ships coming first.

DSCN3690S.jpg

DSCN3693S.jpg

DSCN3697S.jpg

Shinpachi, I love large scale models like that. I wish I knew someone who builds stuff like that, I would love to see how they do models like that. I wouln't even know where to begin making something like that

Last edited:
Shinpachi, I love large scale models like that. I wish I knew someone who builds stuff like that, I would love to see how they do models like theat. I wouln't even know where to begin making something like that

I agree, Mike.
I have no such good sensitivity at least:(

Locomotive scale models.
"Rocket in 1829" and "Locomotion in 1825".

PC050262S.jpg

PC050263S.jpg

Shinpachi...For a "little" neighborhood museum, it is very impressive. I can't believe the variety of vehicles on display.

Some of the pictures remind me of my mothers 1st car...it was a Nissan (sold as Datsun)...

gamle_7.gif

And to mikewint...I'm going to have to take a trip to that Chicago museum. I find it fascinating that you have a real U-Boat to explore at your museum.

Thanks Nakajima-san! Yes, I remember that compact and sophisticated car.
I miss it too. Here are some photos from the catalogue of 1964. Funny to me, captions were all writen in English even for the Japanese market!

Attachments

• buru-02.jpg
    buru-02.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 62
  • buru-01.jpg
    buru-01.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 68
  • buru-04.jpg
    buru-04.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 58
  • buru-03.jpg
    buru-03.jpg