A wonderful day in Bavaria, Soccer and Beer!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Well yesterday I went to the Nuernberg Stadium to watch my favorite team FC Bayern Munich play 1 FC Nuernberg. It was a good game but in the end the two teams only tied 1-1. The atmosphere was great and it was a lot of fun.

FCB-Nur29Mar08.jpg

FCB-Nur.jpg

FCB-Nur2.jpg

FCB-Nur3.jpg

FCB-Nur4.jpg

FCB-Nur5.jpg

FCB-Nur6.jpg

FCB-Nur7.jpg

FCB-Nur8.jpg

FCB-Nur9.jpg

After the game we went down to the Nuernberg Fest which was about a 10 minute walk from the Stadium. Here is a pic I took the of the famous Zeppelin Field in Nuernberg where Hitler would hold the Nazy Party Parades and events.

fest-1.jpg

And here are some pics of the Fest:

fest2.jpg

fest3.jpg

fest7.jpg

fest9.jpg

If you were standing in the sun (like our side of the stadium) it was actually pretty decent with a temp of about 60 F.

Todays weather would have been much nicer for the game. It is 64 F outside and beautiful! Me and the wife are going to do some Grilling in the Garden this afternoon.

Spark one up for me, its still in the 40s F here. What was the Fest about? Was it a special celebration or this usually occurs on the weekends?

Looks like a cool weekend!
Looking forward today myself while staying inside the apartment, got the nascar race and then a movie or two and then opening day for the DC Nationals at the new field tonight on ESPN.
Wish we could grill though, but would be kind of hard on the 8th florr with no balcony.
Have a wonderful sunday!
Art in DC

Spark one up for me, its still in the 40s F here. What was the Fest about? Was it a special celebration or this usually occurs on the weekends?

No this fest is twice a year in Nuernberg. It is like the Oktoberfest but only smaller. This Fest is in the early spring and the the fall.

In the Spring Time it is called the Fruehlingsfest (or Spring Fest) and in the Fall it is called the Volksfest (Peoples Fest, Citizens Fest, etc...).

Each time the fest lasts about 3 weeks and then it is torn down.

yeah 3 weeks of beer , when i was in germany we always went too the fest ,they were alot of fun,trying too talk the girlfriend into going back over with me sometime ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back