A4K's A-4K Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't see the video on my laptop unfortunately , but thanks for posting anyway!

Florence, the silver fern leaf (one of our national symbols) was introduced into the RNZAF's RAF style roundels in 1956 (same time as you guys starting painting 'roos on yours I think). They were replaced in 1970 with the now familiar Kiwis after RAF personnel joked that our aircraft carried 'white feathers' - a symbol of cowardice or surrender!

I just think them A-4's are the coolest looking jets. When I was on the Yorktown, CVS-10, 1963 a Marine A-4 landed aboard. A picture is in my Cruiase book. If I ever do a jet in 48th scake it will be That jet. *This picture is from 1969, you can see the "10" at the top of the photo.

Great stuff you are posting here.

Attachments

• 454px-A-4C_VSF-1_CVS-10_NAN12-69.jpg
    454px-A-4C_VSF-1_CVS-10_NAN12-69.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Can't see the video on my laptop unfortunately , but thanks for posting anyway!

Florence, the silver fern leaf (one of our national symbols) was introduced into the RNZAF's RAF style roundels in 1956 (same time as you guys starting painting 'roos on yours I think). They were replaced in 1970 with the now familiar Kiwis after RAF personnel joked that our aircraft carried 'white feathers' - a symbol of cowardice or surrender!

Here you go:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJzwo1p9GdI

Great pictures!! I always liked the NZ A-4K's. Do you have any additional pictures of the cockpit showing the canopy restraining strap that was located on the right side of the cockpit?

Thanks.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back