A6M5 Model 52 Zero

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I keep fingers crossed for that you wont forget :)

O-47 ... ? What was that ? I seriously never seen anything about it ...

The North American O-47 was a mid-1930's observation plane. Here is a pic:

O47.jpg

We're restoring one. We used to HAVE one and a few years back an airline pilot landed it gear up, it caught fire and burned to the ground. So ... we're trying to get another one in the air, including some of the original structure of the one we used to have.

Note it has some windows under the mid wing and the visibility from it is is GREAT. It performed yeoman service around the USA running U-boat patrols. Had some success in the Caribbean and along the Atlantic coast during the war. Altogether a very pleasant-flying aircraft.

Last edited:
Any news on flaps Greg ?

Also I'm trying to estimate the angle ailerons/elevator can be deployed, will be quite hard but I have to try :)

OK, here is a quick drawing of the flap. If you find any line drawing showing the flaps, you can estimate the angles close enough.

J2M_Flap.jpg

I got a pic above of the aileron travel limits (they are not connected to cables at this time) but didn't get pics of the elevator and rudder travel. I am not sure if they are hooked up with cables to this time but will look at THAT next time. Later this evening I can post a pic of the flap and the O-47, but Supercross is on right now and the racing takes precedence!

Go Ryan Vilopoto!

Measurements are inches again.

Very very nice, the more I'm seeing and reading about Raiden the more I became interested in A7M Reppu :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back