AC-130

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DarrellC

Airman
Jan 30, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Looking for a good AC=130 kit and some detail parts. Would really like to have a 1:48. The only one I have found is the Italieri in 1:72

Check the thread..

AeroScale :: AC-130U Italeri 1:48

The old Italeri kit no.818 and no.866 aren't offered any longer. You might buy them as a second hand kits only.

Italeri%20866%20AC-130U.JPG

Italeri%20818%20AC-130b.JPG

Last edited:
I purchased the 1/48 Italeri AC-130 years ago and I believe the Italeri family of -130's is the only 1/48 game in town. I purchased mine from Squadron.com for under 60$ but I have seen them on eBay for over 100$. In 1/48 scale, these models are huge. A quick check on ebay shows at this time only the C-130J and of 14 for sale, all but one are well over 100$ plus shipping. There is one for 88$ total with 16 days of sale time left. This is a very good price.

Geo

I saw the Italeri 1/48th scale AC-130 on ebay uk a week or so ago, but didn't notice how much it went for. I was looking at, and thinking of bidding on, their C-130H, to build as a RAF C-130K, which went for £45 far as I remember. Didn't bid though, as I'd have to pay thousands to have a room extended to display it!

Both Italeri and Airfix did 1/72nd scale kits of the AC-130, and I've seen them both advertised, and on e bay. I seem to recall some PE sets for them too, probably from Eduard. Have a look for the PE on the Hannant's web site - if they don't stock an item, it probably doesn't exist!
Cory, no problem mate. I asked my friend if he was still interested, but he wants to get a room in his house converted into a military-style bar first. Knowing him, that'll happen when Hippocroccofrogs stop looking so ugly!
I'd like one myself, but as mentioned, I really have no room to display it properly, unless hung from the ceiling, dropping 1/48th scale Paras - a bit of a waste, as the interior detail would be hidden, and it'd be a dust magnet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back