Accurate Miniatures Yak 1b - 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone, things have been pretty crazy in my life lately so I haven't had much time for model work. The Yak is coated in future and awaiting decals - I hope to get back to it this weekend! The end is in sight yet so far away....

Good news - got to put down some decals... Bad news.. ruined the paint job on the port vertical stabilizer :-\ must be natural aversion I have to the red star... back to the spray booth I guess.

One of the decals fell apart on me while i was re-positioning it. Parts of it were already stuck quite well and even using decal solution wouldn't remove it... in the process the paint started coming off. Nothing that can't be fixed just a pain in the @ss, i have some other red stars just hope the colours match.

The paint job is fixed, letting it cure - then a coat of future and we try decals again. On of the few things that i have learned is that when things start going wrong it is best just to walk away before you ruin the whole thing, come back with calm nerves and a clear head. I think everything will be OK as long as the kit decals are close enough to the aftermarket ones.....

Yep.. that's true. Sometimes it is good to take a break. :thumbright:

Well, I managed to take some pictures this morning, the quality isn't that great but here they are non the less

P1090968.jpg

P1090975.jpg

P1090974.jpg

The port side red star on the vertical stabilizer is one of the AM ones, neither the red or the white match exactly but close enough IMO and after I add some weathering it should be OK... I hope...

Agree with all, and as for the colours of the stars matching, there's nothing unusual in that.
Real aircraft 'weather' at different rates in different areas of their structure, paint batches may change between applying one marking and the next, or a different person might paint a different way.
There could even be a market for markings decals in various stages of weathering !

This little bird has definitely taken some detours along the way but bravo on bringing it back... it should wonderful when complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back