AI Fails (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A short while back I made a post on the ToyotaNation website describing how I implemented a short term fix for the stuck seat belt in my Tacoma pickup truck by using a hair drier to warm it up.

A few days ago I got an e-mail from that website saying that was a clever trick and suggesting that I post additional info if I found out that the problem was the belt being gummed up or what. And it turned out that the message was from the website AI, a feature designed to inspire additional posts and keep things moving along. This is the first time I have received a message from an AI, sounding like a human being. I guess this will be common in the future.

And this morning when I first tried to access the ww2aircraft.net I got a message from Cloudflare saying they had to verify that I was human.
 
Ticking one box to prove I'm human is annoying but a damned sight easier than clicking on all the boxes in the photo that have traffic lights, buses or bicycles or.....who knows what!
I think they should require solving a partial differential equation, and if you do then they don't let you in.

HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY! Unfortunately he came out in Minnesota this year and they ate him.
 
Ticking one box to prove I'm human is annoying but a damned sight easier than clicking on all the boxes in the photo that have traffic lights, buses or bicycles or.....who knows what!
Half the time I click all the right boxes and I'm still wrong, especially bikes and motorcycles. Click on half a wheel.........wrong!!!!!
 
Half the time I click all the right boxes and I'm still wrong, especially bikes and motorcycles. Click on half a wheel.........wrong!!!!!
I can't figure out if the grainy nature of the pictures is due to the limitations of the technology or is part of the test.

For an aircraft history site you'd think they would try showing you a picture of an Eastern Aircraft FM-2 with six guns and ask you what it was.
 
I think its to confuse the bots. This type gets me at times as well, when its upper and lower case. Some I just give up on

1770061331952.png
 
This type gets me at times as well, when its upper and lower case. Some I just give up on
I have missed some of those too. I could not figure out if the squiggly lines were supposed to be letters too, or just "chaff." Like, does that one start with a "V"?

Funny that they never seem to try putting the pictures of the cars or steps or bridges upside down or sideways.
 
A short while back I made a post on the ToyotaNation website describing how I implemented a short term fix for the stuck seat belt in my Tacoma pickup truck by using a hair drier to warm it up.

A few days ago I got an e-mail from that website saying that was a clever trick and suggesting that I post additional info if I found out that the problem was the belt being gummed up or what. And it turned out that the message was from the website AI, a feature designed to inspire additional posts and keep things moving along. This is the first time I have received a message from an AI, sounding like a human being. I guess this will be common in the future.

And this morning when I first tried to access the ww2aircraft.net I got a message from Cloudflare saying they had to verify that I was human.

Well, are you?
 
I think they should require solving a partial differential equation, and if you do then they don't let you in.

HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY! Unfortunately he came out in Minnesota this year and they ate him.
Bummer - I might be a bot! 😀
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back