AI Fails (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules


View: https://youtu.be/skXDNmbBW3Y?si=LcLU7-DSphws5m1y
I'm impressed how it actually (aside from the Me-262) slowly got worse over time. What I've noticed is that the more obscure an aircraft is then the less accurate it tends to be. Comparing the Me-262 to the Fw-200 in the video shows this. It's more evidence (not needed lol, but still) that AI relies on taking images that already exist and doing the best guess work it can to achieve what it wants.
 

View: https://youtu.be/skXDNmbBW3Y?si=LcLU7-DSphws5m1y
I'm impressed how it actually (aside from the Me-262) slowly got worse over time. What I've noticed is that the more obscure an aircraft is then the less accurate it tends to be. Comparing the Me-262 to the Fw-200 in the video shows this. It's more evidence (not needed lol, but still) that AI relies on taking images that already exist and doing the best guess work it can to achieve what it wants.

I tried to watch it but when I got to the Me163 komet as a twin-engined jet I was laughing so much I nearly dropped my coffee.
 
I have a few questions....🤨🤔

IMG_20260124_153750.jpg
 
Hey! Cut them some slack.
It is a single engine monoplane with the tail surfaces aligned properly.
That is actually pretty good for AI.
Two day old whale crap is a pretty low bar.
I was surpised that the prop was well proportioned, but then again, only two blades are visable, so it's a crap-shoot if AI would have effed that up with a frontal view.
 
Last edited:
I thought AI would be really good at "what if's" based on combining and iterating existing images, but the first time I tried putting Mercury engines on a Whirlwind I ended up with Westland helicopter parts. Didn't save those ones unfortunately but best and worst remaining attempts attached, hope you can tell the difference!
Copilot_20260126_134952.pngopenart-image_vlTgMwW2_1724455563903_raw.jpg
Some tentative (and unintuitive) lessons learned:
  • The more source images you upload/link to, the worse the result.
  • 3-view blueprints don't work as well as realistic photos/paintings.
  • The more iterations, the worse the result.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back