Air Power Editions....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You guys have got to stop finding books that I want! My list goes down to my knees already. Wayne, please tell us how they read - how accurate do they appear. Thanks.

Finally got my butt moving and here's some info on the first Release....

Air Power Editions.

This first issue from Air Power Editions is titled 'A Resource guide to the Aces and their Aircraft.' And starts with the 'Star of Africa' Hans-Joachim Marseille.

The book is in fact not a Biography of this well known Experten, but a compilation of information about the aircraft flown by Marseille.

It provides a 'Quick Reference Guide' of Information, Details, Profiles and Photo's about all of the currently known aircraft that were flown by or related to Marseille in some way.

There are 18 aircraft noted within the book.
The first few 1 – 4 are only covered by a descriptive series of notes coupled with loss reports and the sources from which the information has been gathered, there are no photo's known at this stage.
Aircraft 5 is the first to note a partial image and it's source only, but provides a profile showing the portion of the aircraft that can be seen.
The two styles of detail continue through to aircraft number 13, the first noted Bf109F-4/Trop flown by Marseille of which little is known, all previous aircraft being Bf109E's

It is with aircraft 14 – 17 that the majority of information is known and takes up more than half of the book.
These are the Bf109F-4/Trops that carry Marseille's well known 'Yellow 14' marking, all 4 are described in detail as follows,

Each, starts with a full side profile, then a short narration about the aircraft, this is then followed by a descriptive series of notes indicating all the various markings and detail about the aircraft in question.
The next section describes all of the known photo's of the aircraft and in what sources they can be found, this is followed by a selection of some of those images, including rudder profiles of the increasing record of victory bars and finally refers to all known illustrations and profiles of the said aircraft and their sources.

The final aircraft. No.18 is the Bf109G-2 in which Marseille met his fate, this has only a short brief as there is no photographic reference and minimal information.

From a modelling perspective, I have found this resource Guide to be an excellent first title and will draw upon the information presented to model some of these aircraft sometime in the future.

Recommended!

I think for a few of you Guys in the States it can be purchased through Eagle Editions.

Attachments

• Marseille_Cover.JPG
    Marseille_Cover.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Marseille_Rear cover.JPG
    Marseille_Rear cover.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back