Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice!

I actually got it from here:

Photos: PZL-Mielec M-15 Belphegor Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

I had forgotten the darn thing was in there.....dammit!

Another front view of the Belphegor
carson
0833865.jpg

Mother of M-15 - An-2 Lala (Doll). De facto "Lala" is abbreviation from "Latające Laboratorium" = "Flying Laboratory".

Very interesting Tzaw1 I've never seen it till now!
carson
I have made some research and for the ignoramus like myself Tzaw1's diagram is a "Lala 1" (Latajace Laboratorium) an experimental contraption made in Poland and flown in February 1972 put together by using the front part of an Antonov AN-2 whilst the rear part was a framework housing a jet engine (dunno which one)
This is the only pic I could find on the net of the real aircraft (not a model):
m151.jpg

Last edited:
Clue?
Kurt Tank would have had a look in at this project/mockup from time to time but he was concentrating on a large jet fighter.

Early design for a swept HAL Kiran? He designed the Marut for Argentina but took it with him.

Early design for a swept HAL Kiran? He designed the Marut for Argentina but took it with him.

Yep! It was a parallel development with the Kiran, the HJT-17. HAL were flat strapped with the Mach 2 multi-role requirement and the basic jet trainer so they called in Tank and Mittlehuber to take control of the former which eventually became the HF-24. the Indian team of Ghatage and Mahindra continued with the basic jet trainer design with the HJT-17 eventually losing out to the HJT-16 Kiran.

Yep! It was a parallel development with the Kiran, the HJT-17. HAL were flat strapped with the Mach 2 multi-role requirement and the basic jet trainer so they called in Tank and Mittlehuber to take control of the former which eventually became the HF-24. the Indian team of Ghatage and Mahindra continued with the basic jet trainer design with the HJT-17 eventually losing out to the HJT-16 Kiran.

Hi Graeme,
your picture of the HJT17 has sparked interest for indian aeronautics therefore I did some googling.
First of all: am I right in assuming that the HJT17 was a parallel development with Kiran and the image you have shown is just a mock-up?
Second question if you don't mind.
in surfing the net I found the attached pic which is supposed to be the HT/10 an advanced prop trainer.
Do you have any further info on this A/C?
Sorry to bother you but your immense knowledge and torrential source of info is instrumental in ID ventures...
carson
ht10s.jpg

Did everyone go on vacation? Here's one:

Attachments

• fj.jpg
    fj.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 130
Sorry Verner, we're not ignoring you. We haven't got a ferkin clue!

Here's another one, not too hard but a rare colour shot. but please do Verners first if you can.

Image13HHb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back