Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whats this one but also when?
plane_wright_65_lg.jpg

Thank you. I still marvel that a baby born when the Wright Flyer took to the air for the first time would still only be a man of my age (44) when Yeager went supersonic.

Or indeed that Yaegers flight is about 50% closer to the Wright brothersachievement than it is to the present day.

Now, who will be first to say what this is?

Mantis.png

It appears to be

The BAE Systems Mantis Unmanned Autonomous System Advanced Concept Technology Demonstrator is a British demonstrator programme for Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) technology

Hi and Happy New Year everybody :)

Maybe this is a well known image but I think it's fun: a big mama taking around her two babies hand in hand (better: wing in wing :lol: )

Mighty%20trio.png

Now, do you know the "exact" designation for the bomber (not the generic type, of course)?

Cheers

To quote wikipedia:

"EB-29A docked wingtip-to-wingtip with two EF-84Bs in Project Tip-Tow",

part of the FICON project.
Yes, of course :D
IMO, that was one of the craziest projects of the cold-war era, no surprise it ended so tragically :rolleyes:

Cheers

Good evening to everybody
I'd like to start the year with a question if you don't mind.I have found on the net a picture of the following aircraft which is allegedly italian and tagged as C.N.A. Delta.
Does anyone have more comprehensive information about this machine? Maybe Marco or Tzaw?:?:
Look forward hearing from you
carson

Attachments

• CNA Delta.jpg
    CNA Delta.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 147
I'd like to start the year with a question if you don't mind.I have found on the net a picture of the following aircraft which is allegedly italian and tagged as C.N.A. Delta.
Does anyone have more comprehensive information about this machine? Maybe Marco or Tzaw?:?:
carson
Sorry carson, I don't have anything about this...:confused:

Cheers

While I'm waiting a response on post #4213 you might like to guess the name of this guy (this time I know what it is!):
carson

Attachments

• brutto e vecchio.jpg
    brutto e vecchio.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 233
carson

All I can find is a reference to a Compagnia Nazionale Aeronautica aircraft named "ETA." The company was later sold to Caproni. CNA was an engine manufacturer which also produced a few airplanes.

CNA

Hi Klay
thanks very much for your interest to my query.
So we have now established three things.
- CNA means Compagnia Nazionale Aeronautica, it existed and was founded in 1920,
- they produced engines and aircrafts therefore it is more than plausible that one aircraft may have been called "Delta" (a previous one was called "ETA"...do you see the analogy?)
- that it must have been built between 1920 and 1934 which is the date when CNA was sold to Caproni

Well this is a lot more of what I started with!
Cheers
carson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back