Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wurger, but I meant whole aircraft of the pic V2 posted above. I do know about the He-177.

Thanks again for the links Wurger I get to see some new pics.

Henk

Hi Henk !!!

Henk said:
Thanks Wurger, but I meant whole aircraft of the pic V2 posted above. I do know about the He-177.

Thanks again for the links Wurger I get to see some new pics.

Henk

Sorry Henk.I've misunderstood.

Hi Loomaluftwaffe!!!

loomaluftwaffe said:
look at the wing, it looks like the Early Junkers-style double wing

I've found an other pic of He 177 flaps.They look a bit different from V2's posted shot.Maybe somebody has another pictures of He177 with opened flaps being in view from an other direction.

regards.

He-177 flaps
source unknown.

Attachments

• he177flaps.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 151
Thanks a lot guys.Besides,in pictures of the He 177 I've seen so far I couldn't notice the two MGs at the front part of its fuselage.The nose part looks quite different.The external wings... hm..., there should be ailerons that look also differen in photos. V2 ,could you post an another shot of this part?It is possible CC is right.

Thank you very much Henk.There isn't the photo in a book about He 177 I've had.The two MGs at its front part of fuselage are visible clearly.Could You write what a version of He177 it is? As ailerons are concerned the shot doesn't make it clear how they were mounted.

all the best

Yes Loomaluftwaffe it is.We should congratulate Henk upon his perceptivness.
So, CONGRATULATION Henk.As for ailerons,at first sight they look like Ju-87 ones, really.But now, I think that V2's pic misled us a bit.The problem is with a line between a wing and an aileron that seems to be a chink.But it is not.In my opinion it is a light on the leading edge of the aileron.
Besides,I've found info that He177A-1/U2 (V12) Zerstrorer code letters GI+BL
was used to test the twin 30mm Mk101 cannon in June 1942.The plane was painted with RLM 70/71/65 camo.

Once again congratulation for Henk.

Judging by its serial and uniforms of people at the left side of the pic it must be English. The early thirties.It looks like a wooden block

Users who are viewing this thread