Aircraft Mock-Ups

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it just me or does the fuselage just aft of the cockpit look higher in the first Hustler image? The curve of the top of the fuselage looks more pronounced. You can really see it by looking at the cabin windows, aft of the cockpit. In the first image, there is a "hump" above the window. In the second image, both windows have almost the same amount of fuselage curve above them. When I saw the first image, I immediately searched the web. I can't find any production aircraft that have that much curve. I found a few scale models that look similar, but they could have been made from blueprints of the earlier version of the fuselage, before the hump was "shaved down."

EDIT: I found another image that DOES appear to show the hump.

b58crews.jpg

Any experts want to let this nOoB know what the circular area on the hump is? Thanks in advance!

-Irish

Last edited:
XO-911 photos on approx. page 32.

These are photos of the Curtiss mockup of what would eventually become the XO-40, which appeared in several different iterations, especially in the wing configuration.

AlanG

I have books and I know how to use them. That is the UHF Command Radio Antenna (AN/ARC-57).

Thank you! I was thinking it had something to do with commo gear, given the placement. RADAR in the front, antennas up top in the center.

Having books is a good thing. :)

-Irish

It looks like. The shape is very similart to the Liore et Olivier LeO-300/301 bomber series.

It appears the LeO 30 IS the 300. Since there was only ever one built, that must be it. Plus, that is the photo Wikipedia has for it, from the 1932 Paris Air Show. It flew, for the first time, in September of '33, so it's very possible it was shown at the air show while under construction.

-Irish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back