Aircraft numbers as codes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Captain Dunsel

Airman 1st Class
Feb 10, 2008
Near McGuire AFB, NJ
When I was in High School, I used to put my locker combinations on my book covers, using aircraft names as reminders. I've always been an airplane nut, so the name/number relation, plus other features, has always been with me. For example, one year I wrote on my book as follows:

Fortress
SM79Engines
Martin Bomber

That decoded to :

(Understand that the A-10 didn't exist when I went to school. Had it been, I'd have used something like "P-47-II" for "Thunderbolt II".

My question is this: Have any of you done something akin to this?

CD

My question is this: Have any of you done something akin to this?

CD

Guilty your honour.

No lockers Captain, but I use to have a tumbler chain lock for the bicycle. The combination went something like "Stratojet and American Canberra", which meant "4757". In the end I had to use the hacksaw. :(

My mother was/is a a devout Lutheran. She would "drag" her children to church every Sunday. The Australian Lutheran Hymnal consisted of about 700 hymns. Each Sunday the board at the front of the Church advertised about 4-5 hymns that were to be sung.

For example;

As a good German and aircraft nut I was always thinking of the '8' Series Type Numbers and would ignore the sermon (always boring) trying to ascertain the companies involved. The example above would represent;

Ago
Arado
Flettner
Gotha

Get the idea? Give it a go Captain! :)

Hmm, I didn't expect a quiz!:oops:

I'll give it a try, though:

222 - BV flying boat
396 - Condor + Ar seaplane = Fw200 + Ar196
101 - For that, I'd go with the F101 Voodoo
122 - USAF Connie + 1= C121 +1

Not the same ones, I'm sure!

Okay, here's a current locker combo:

Demon
Spirit
Mathy's last mission

In the same line, I've done a brain-teaser to come up with an airplane name for every letter of the alphabet, or, alternatively an airplane company for evey letter.

CD

Okay, here it is:

Demon is the Curtis CW-21 Demon
Spirit is the B-2 (Northrup-Grumman)
Mathy's last mission was his 13th (His zeppelin was shot down in flames).

So, the combo is 21 - 2 -13

A bit freaky, eh?

CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back