Aircraft recce, what is this plane?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The more I look, the more I think Caproni Ca.335. Look:

Attachments

• Ca.335.jpeg
    Ca.335.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Ca.335 (2).jpeg
    Ca.335 (2).jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Ca.335 (3).jpeg
    Ca.335 (3).jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Ca.335 (4).jpeg
    Ca.335 (4).jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 170
The more you look the closer you get, turns out it was a SABCA S.47, a Belgian conversion of the 335. Thanks guys, never would have got it without you.:D

Believe I have the answer!
It's a SABCA S.47 of Belgium.
I refer to Wllm Green Warplanes of World War 2 Vol 7.
"That is Societe Anonyme Belgede Constructins Aeronautiques of Brussels-Haren reache a collaboration agreement with Aeroplani Caproni SA.
The agreement also included technical collaboration in the design and deveopment of a tandem two-seat fighter bonber, attack and reconnaissance aircraft - to succed the Fairey Fox biplane.! But it did not get into production.

Believe I have the answer!
It's a SABCA S.47

Ref: Wllm Green Warplanes of WW2 Vol 7
"In October 1937, the Societe Anonyme Belgede Constructions Aeronautiques of Brusses-Haren reached a collaboration agreement with Aeroplani Caproni SA.
The agreement also included technical collaboration in the design and development of a tandem two-seat fighter-bomber, attack and reconnaissance aircraft - to succed the Fairey Fox.
Max speed 311mph at 13,780ft.,
Hispano-Suiza 12Y 860hp Engine
One 20mm Hispano canon three 7.62mm Browning machine guns, and two 110-lb bombs ten 22-lb bombs.
Although impressed no production order was placed by the country's invasion on May 10, 1940
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back