Aircraft restoration...good way to spend a tuesday night

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Group,

Their are probably groups in your local areas that could use assastance in restoring aircraft. If not you could get with someone restoring a cockpit (Found a link on this web site and joined Cockpit collectors international), or other aviation projects.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

why dont that website have any pictures..but i totally agree..there is no better way to spend a tuesday night..or any other night in the year :)

just love beeing in the hangar working on the Ju 88 and the other projects.
whish some guys here lived closer so they could come and give me a hand..
getting people to do this kind of work is getting harder and harder to find.. the last we did was getting eletricity back up and running in the Ju 52/3 m g4e.

Attachments

• diverse 007.jpg
    diverse 007.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 221
we are not allowed to fly our aircrafts as they are preserved for history !!
its the norvegian armed forces museum..we have many flyable aircrafts and we try to keep them in perfect condition..but due to the fact that they are put in the museum and will be preserved ofr future generation non are allowed to fly.. its sad but also kinda reasuring..and that also makes it possible to keep more older aircrfats original without changing skinn or wires.

here is a few of the ones we have

Attachments

• He 111 P2 003.jpg
    He 111 P2 003.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 239
  • spitfire.jpg
    spitfire.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 930
  • display feb,2007 (3).jpg
    display feb,2007 (3).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 238
I believe the Norwegian MKXI Spits flew missions over Russia after post war.

Looks a fanatastic museum. Unfortunately I dont think the missus. Especially as am flying to NZ on my own for 2 weeks in Feb.

why dont that website have any pictures..but i totally agree..there is no better way to spend a tuesday night..or any other night in the year :)

just love beeing in the hangar working on the Ju 88 and the other projects.
whish some guys here lived closer so they could come and give me a hand..
getting people to do this kind of work is getting harder and harder to find.. the last we did was getting eletricity back up and running in the Ju 52/3 m g4e.

Dude if I lived allot closer and get paid to do it you would have to kick me out at night. :lol:

we are not allowed to fly our aircrafts as they are preserved for history !!
its the norvegian armed forces museum..we have many flyable aircrafts and we try to keep them in perfect condition..but due to the fact that they are put in the museum and will be preserved ofr future generation non are allowed to fly.. its sad but also kinda reasuring..and that also makes it possible to keep more older aircrfats original without changing skinn or wires.

Ahh my fault. I thought you were trying to restore it to flying condition :oops: I agree with Marcel though, that looks like a great musuem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back