Aircraft "skin"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
I have noticed that we modelers often forget about the stresses that aluminimum undergoes in the course of the service.
Just sayin'

- flippant answer: yeah but a good massage should sort that.
- scientific answer: Surely you mean Duraluminium sir?
- modelers answer: not sure what you're getting at :D

yes, and the dents. I was looking at some pictures of old aircraft and noticed the irregularities that were on the airframe and thought about judging at model contests.

With some judges, it could hurt your chances of attaining a placing in the competition, unless you provided like color photos in HD quality :D where it like jumps out all 3D ish in their face. Then you might lose regardless for over trying :D

You always need lots of proof for stuff. I remember this one model that had excellent everything, but 1 W in the decals was mis-aligned and they docked him points, couple days later he sends them the pic of the aircraft and that W in the photo is actually mis-aligned in real life :( so he would of at least placed, but unfortunatley sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back