Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Ia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aqua_ta

Airman 1st Class
Aug 9, 2008
Southampton,England
Hi guys, I bought this on a whim and just finished it today.
The build up was okay with few problems although I know the tail is incorrectly shaped and detail is a bit basic, i still enjoyed it.
I still prefer my ICM Spitfire mk.IX and hope they'll do an early mark at some point in the near future.

spitIa .jpg
spitIa underside.jpg

I'm looking forward to doing the Airfix new tool Mk.XII next to see whether Airfix has improved, I've even got my daughter ( aged 12 ) to start building too. She has so far built a 1/72 P-51d (Airfix) and she is now half way through a Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk.V, and she's really enjoying it.

From the pics and reviews I've seen of the MkXII, it's very good. Been waiting for this Mark in 1/48th for many years - must get one soon ! (It's two decades ahead of the Mk1 kit, which is basically the old MkV moulds from circa 1978, and the basic kit detail parts look super, especially for the price. Check-out 'Model Hobbies', who have it on 'Special' - you can save about a Fiver on the price at the moment!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back