Airfix Spares

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Angels one-five

Airman 1st Class
Jun 29, 2009
Salisbury, UK
I just thought I'd post a very positive experience with Airfix spares. I recently built a 1/48 Spitfire F21 by cross kitting parts from the Airfix PR XIX and Seafire 46/47 kits. This left me the bulk of parts for the Seafire 47, but I had used up items such as undercarriage, radiators etc on the F21. A quick email to Airfix spares, explaining my cross-kitting and now deficient Seafire and 23 replacement parts are on their way for a very reasonable £5 (including postage!). I thought this was great customer service, as I half expected the response to be "sorry we can't help". Well done Airfix!

Airfix is great for things like that. They sent me 1/24 pilot,decals and clear sprue for my fw190..Gratis. I just told them the reason why I needed them

Hasegawa is good as well,but you have to wait a bit longer because the parts are coming from Japan. Revell replaced my 1/32 Arado 196 decals in 8 weeks. Decals came from Revel Germany. Trumpeter,well lets just say,some really awesome kits,but shite customer service

do people have the email contact details for airfix hasegawa and revell and cmr. Id be very interested to keep those contacts, as I have at least one model that ive partially cannibalised for parts and would like to build if i can get replacement parts. I dont even know how to contact the companies though, and the onsellers certainly wont come to the party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back