'Album of the Damned'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know why they call them "damned", it's just ordinary soldiers, not Totenkopf or something, not even SS!

Just poor grunts that will be caught up in the schemes of a madman... :(

Just perpetuating the misconception that every German was a die-hard Nazi. For a guy who's done a lot of research, apparently he didn't learn much.

I like that first pic

A very tall German spreads his arms in a light moment with his fellow Nazis.

Not all Germans were Nazi's, you dope!!!! This could be one of those books you get just for the pictures. You could take a black marker and ink out the captions.

But, later, scholars have examined the extensive role that average Germans played in permitting and, in many cases, carrying out the killings.

What scholars? I am obviously not a supporter of the Nazi regime by any stretch of the imagination, but this looks like a blanket conviction of every single German as a mass murderer. I think that kind of writing is dangerous and a great disservice to history. The photos are interesting, but the commentary is frightfully horrid.

What an ignorant fool. He's dishonoring a lot of brave soldiers who fought for the lives of their families.

Falsely accusing people of murder ranks as one of the lowest things you can do in my book. The author deserves 30 years in a Siberian prison camp if you ask me.

Yeah.. thats why I stated that they were over dramatized. WW2 Germany is a easy target for journalists. If the story was named "A Soldiers Album", the author would have been immediately labeled a Nazi lover and flamed by millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back