Albums That Influenced You The Most...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sgt peppers
And Justice For All.......... man thats an album for guitarists

load some awesome stuff on there. To some the sign of a decline to me the sign of a side ways step, awesome stuff.

Surfing with the Alien for me satch's best album

my top 3

Very interesting opinions adler and primus. I do agree that the black album is not some of their thrashiest stuff but it was the album that introduced me to the power that is metallica. I do like all of their stuff. this is just my reason for choosing the black album

load some awesome stuff on there. To some the sign of a decline to me the sign of a side ways step, awesome stuff.

I certainly agree with you actually. Having been a true follower of Metallica since the 80s I love all there albums including Load and ReLoad. I will admit that I was not fond of St. Anger all that much but at the same time I dont expect Metallica to put out the same album every time. That would be boring. I do however prefer the stuff from Kill Em All to And Justice For All...

Actuallly, it was Neil Peart who wasnt with the band yet.. Original drummer John Rutsey, unwilling to tour, left the band after this album was released... Rutsey wrote some lyrics for the debut, but never submitted them to the band and some new lyrics had to be thrown together.... Rutsey's departure was pivotal for the band, as his replacement Neil Peart's distinctive drumming technique and flair for lyric writing proved to be crucial to the band's evolution as evidenced by their second album, Fly by Night...

Classic listing there track... Pink Floyds Wish U Were Here is another that I listened to alot...

"Welcome my son... Welcome, to the machine...."

Right you are Les. Not Geddy. Too many beers. :drinking:

I too like Pink Floyd - Animals. But the lyrics and story is much too cerebral. And the recording is not worth a ****. A let down coming from a band whose recordings were considered state of the art. But what about the album Meddle with dark instrumental One of These Days...

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces!"

What a story that music tells and only one line of lyrics. :cool:

Sgt peppers
And Justice For All.......... man thats an album for guitarists

Surfing with the Alien for me satch's best album

my top 3

Sgt. Peppers...that definitely was influencing. Everyband in the early 70s tried to mimic it. Nice pick.

The albums that made my taste were those I were woken up to by my brother:

Pearl Jam - Ten
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Mother Love Bone - Apple
Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Stone Temple Pilots - Core

From those albums my music taste spread to the past and future, from AC/DC to Army of Anyone.

Hmmm, lotsa headbanger stuff??

Brubeck.... Time Out "also".
Reunion with Chet Baker...Gerry Mulligan
Led Zeppelin II ....(Whole Lotta Love)
Janis ......Just about anything she ever did.

Most influential to me in High school (I am really dating myself)

Tequila.... by The Champs
The Beachboys

Vietnam #1 song We gotta get Outta this Place by FEAR
#2 Califorina Dreamin by The Mama's Papa's (any state would have done)

Deep Purple - Machine Head/Burn
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock/Back in Black
Metallica - Master of Puppets/Ride the Lightning
Audioslave - Audioslave
Rush - Rush/Vapor Trails
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Shinedown - Leave a Whisper

Not derogatorily meant, just kinda surprised. I find it curious that there are so many younger members here that are as infatuated with WWII aircraft and military history as I. I ASSumed that this would be a hangout for old, creaky,guys like me that actually were kids during that period of history. I was born the year before Pearl Harbor and grew up playing soldier, that is until I was drafted in 1965. No more playing. :idea:

There are plenty of people here between the ages of 25 and 55 as well as many veterans of wars including myself, Evengilder, Erich, Les, FBJ just to name a few.

To be honest though I am quite surprised myself that there are lots of younger people on the forum namely because most of the younger generation is not into history.

Interesting observation that continually amazes me too. I suppose it is kinda like me growing up being into the Civil War. I could see that. The internet is a mighty grand thing.

Well, you have to admit, the aircraft in WW2 were so damn beautiful in a sinister sort of way, that the new ones mostly look like flying gas bombs.

There are plenty of people here between the ages of 25 and 55 as well as many veterans of wars including myself, Evengilder, Erich, Les, FBJ just to name a few.

To be honest though I am quite surprised myself that there are lots of younger people on the forum namely because most of the younger generation is not into history.

I honestly am not surprised.
The brutally sultry lines of a purposeful warbird coupled with rich history is a natural filter. It will be appealing to legions of like-minded people for a myriad of generations to come.

Common interests gravitate. Mindset determines interests. Common interests enjoy company.

Warbirds transcend age.

I know if u got the top 100 members together in a hall, there would be an amazing simularity in brain chemistry, music tastes and humor---- compared to the rest of the non-believers!

Age is irrelevant. Maturity is a factor.

I'm going to have to add a few for the headbanger crowd I'm afraid!

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Nine Inch Nails - the Downward Spiral
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Biohazard - State of the World Address
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
System of a Down - Toxicity
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Feeder - Polythene
Hatebreed - The rise of Brutality
Trivium - Ascendency
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
Pradise Lost - Reflections
VNV Nation - Praise the Fallen
Killing Joke - s/t
The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre

I'm going to have to add a few for the headbanger crowd I'm afraid!

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

Great album, I think I had it in my list as well.

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Greatest metal album ever written by the greatest metal band ever and to me the greatest band ever!

Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Feeder - Polythene

I thought you were adding things to the metal crowd? Deffinatly not metal...

Trivium - Ascendency

Great album and great live band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back