"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heat-seeking weapons should be able "see" a piston engine's exhaust.
Ahh. Still i think it would have a harder time with a colder but much more maneuverable frame. And also so very much slower. Like trying to shoot down a Fokker triplane with a Tomcat. Or am i wrong about that too? Just gesting offcourse but sometimes i do wonder if slower isnt better. And no turbine powered helis are not allowed as in too hot.

Ahh. Still i think it would have a harder time with a colder but much more maneuverable frame. And also so very much slower. Like trying to shoot down a Fokker triplane with a Tomcat. Or am i wrong about that too? Just gesting offcourse but sometimes i do wonder if slower isnt better. And no turbine powered helis are not allowed as in too hot.
Didn't work for the Lysander...

A jet engine's exhaust is about 1,200°F to 1,400°F (on average) and a piston engine's exhaust is right about 1,200°F on average.

On a motor vehicle, the temps at the tail pipe are much less, because the exhaust travels from the exhaust ports down a manifold, then to a catalytic converter (if it's a newer vehicle), through a muffler and then out the tail pipe.

On an airplane, the exhaust travels from the ports to "stacks" or a short exhaust manifold (like on a radial) that offer very little back pressure, so the temps will still be considerable.

0:06 what tank is that at 0:06?

View attachment 722902

It might be a Leopard 2 like those in the vid, but the turret looks more rounded, like a Leopard 1.

View attachment 722903

The Leo1 has been promised by the Belgiums and others, but I don't think they've been delivered yet.

Damn!! Was hoping for change which then might have aided Ukraine situation more.

All the nitwits that voted for him will eventually wonder where their freedoms went.

It's time German politicians do something against the Turkey-sponsored/paid Imams so they won't turn religion into advocating dictatorship. This is long overdue.
Also the hidden election campaigns for the dictator by members of his party whereas it's officially forbidden to advocate for foreign elections here.

A jet engine's exhaust is about 1,200°F to 1,400°F (on average) and a piston engine's exhaust is right about 1,200°F on average.

On a motor vehicle, the temps at the tail pipe are much less, because the exhaust travels from the exhaust ports down a manifold, then to a catalytic converter (if it's a newer vehicle), through a muffler and then out the tail pipe.

On an airplane, the exhaust travels from the ports to "stacks" or a short exhaust manifold (like on a radial) that offer very little back pressure, so the temps will still be considerable.

On radials you can reduce the temperature considerably by using exhaust powered cooling airflow like on the Otter and Caribou but then you lose the exhaust thrust and add drag from the much larger tailpipes

On radials you can reduce the temperature considerably by using exhaust powered cooling airflow like on the Otter and Caribou but then you lose the exhaust thrust and add drag from the much larger tailpipes
I wonder by how much, the exhaust temps are reduced, as it exits the pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back