"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As a side note, have any of you noticed that the West's GPS system is in jitter mode? Not the location system types that use cell phone towers, but the hardwired GPS systems that receive their data directly from the GPS satellites. My Garmin is alternating irregularly, but somewhat rapidly, showing me off position by as much as a mile from where I actually am when I am traveling at high speed. It seems to be switching between showing my position off - left/right/short relative to direction of travel - by between .25 and 1 mile, switching about every 1-5 minutes.

I remember reading, in the early 1990s, about the ability of the Government(s) to mess with the GPS system so that it would not be practical to be used by non-friendly targeting systems. I wonder if this is an example?
I haven't had that issue at all - during the past couple of weeks I've flown several drones (which are GPS dependent) and flown my club's airplane (which has GPS), no issues and both as satellite dependent. Better check for sunspots!

It was it think a case of Americans having a weak grasp of strategy in the whole. Who's going to send their army north when the enemy is sailing in from the east?
That certainly was true. It would have been even worse if we hadn't had the best general in American history up at Chippewa on July 5, 1814. Winfield Scott saved the Army from itself in that campaign.

On a bit lighter side - Trine Bramsen :love4: from 16 January 2022. Interesting lady.
Trine Bramsen.jpg

"Danish F-16 jets arrive in Lithuania to bolster Baltic defence"

"Trine Bramsen - Wikipedia"

Interesting that she was removed from the Defense Minister position on 4 February 2022 and transferred to the post of Transportation Minister. Not saying that there is anything sinister about it, just odd.

Not really, she was just out of her depth as Minister of Defence.

Hey Stig1207,

re "Not really, she was just out of her depth as Minister of Defence."

Any reason to think she was out of her depth more than her replacement (Morten Bødskov, whose former post was Mister of Taxation) is?

Not really, she was just out of her depth as Minister of Defence.
Dont think so. Clearly she has a good set of brains and is not afraid to use it. I mean....

Following revelations by the DR in May 2021, that Denmark had aided the NSA in spying on ally countries, Bramsen stated that "systematic wiretapping of close allies is unacceptable".[8]

After two Russian fighter jets flew into Danish airspace in June 2021, Bramsen called it "a deliberate provocation by Russia", further stating the fighters were warned that they were entering Danish airspace. She also warned that "it is a clear sign that they are willing to break every rule" and that "we can't afford to be naive".
[9

A FOURTH Russian general has now been killed, the Ukrainian authorities have said.
Major-General Oleg Mityaev, 47, died in the storming of Mariupol, along with seven members of an elite SWAT team, in a fresh blow to Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Dumb and dumber...

"We only dropped non-locating missiles," Maxim said, meaning what analysts describe as "dumb bombs," unguided munitions which pose a greater risk of causing indiscriminate damage.
"I just used the usual explosive bombs, made of cast iron... the same kind that were used during World War Two with some changes here and there over the years. There are more modern ballistic varieties, of course, but the fact remains that we did not use those," Maxim added.
Last week, US and NATO officials said Russia had relied far more heavily on less sophisticated, so-called "dumb bombs" than it has on its arsenal of precision-guided munitions."

A FOURTH Russian general has now been killed, the Ukrainian authorities have said.
Major-General Oleg Mityaev, 47, died in the storming of Mariupol, along with seven members of an elite SWAT team, in a fresh blow to Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

According to some sources, it was the combat with the Azov regiment.
Not surprisingly, RF propaganda portrays Azov as "nazis".

Buy a hybrid. My Toyota 2002 Prius is 20 years old now, with ~576,000 miles on it. It is getting rusty, but still averages ~45 mpg.
Hybrids have come a long way in 20 years. My Hyundai Plug-in Hybrid Ioniq delivers any where between 60-90 MPG depending on conditions and terrain. It handles like a sports car, stops on a dime, is amazingly peppy for a 4-door sedan on 1.8L, thanks to electric on- demand boost, and has a five speed, dual mode, dual clutch, smart auto transmission that is so smooth it sounds and feels like a constantly variable. On top of that, it comes standard, base model, loaded with features that are options on other brands, and retails <$30K. Hard to find in the Eastern US, as most are consigned to the west coast market. Mid America? Forget it!

According to some sources, it was the combat with the Azov regiment.
Not surprisingly, RF propaganda portrays Azov as "nazis".
Big chunks of that unit are ideological fascists and their iconography is pure fascism. They are the most problematical unit in the Ukrainian resistance. That said, I can't be too upset if they are 1) not officially sponsored and 2) causing Russian casualties. But they do bear keeping a very close eye on because their very existence gives credence to the Russian propaganda about neo-nazis.

On a slightly related note, the Rafales from the French Navy were flying yesterday over Croatia (ruffling some feathers between the president and prime minister, wrt. should the military A/C fly over Zagreb or not).
I've seen 1st hand the E-2 Hawkeye yesterday, for the 1st time in my life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back