"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Something the Japanese forgot or intentionally omitted at Pearl Harbour.
The IJN's scout planes reported the carriers weren't at Pearl when they overflew the harbor at 6:30 that morning.

Since the carriers weren't spotted in the vicinity they continued as planned.

China playing the long game - already looking to the rebuild. No matter what the outcome, they'll stand to win in this.
Indeed. Ukraine is going to need financing, construction and rebuilding. Three things China can provide aplenty whilst moving Ukraine into their sphere. Now if Xi (eleven?) flies into Kiyv next week I'll eat my hat!

They've chatted before on bilateral mega projects.

Indeed. Ukraine is going to need financing, construction and rebuilding. Three things China can provide aplenty whilst moving Ukraine into their sphere. Now if Xi (eleven?) flies into Kiyv next week I'll eat my hat!

Russia is going to need financing as well.

It rather depends on whether Ukraine remembers who stood by them during the crisis and who just waved from the sidelines...and, while the US and Europe aren't involved in the actual fighting, they are at least supporting as much as humanly possible, including applying substantial financial pressure on Russia. China, meanwhile, is doing nothing. If I were Ukrainian, I wouldn't be cutting ANY deals with Beijing in the near future.

It rather depends on whether Ukraine remembers who stood by them during the crisis and who just waved from the sidelines...and, while the US and Europe aren't involved in the actual fighting, they are at least supporting as much as humanly possible, including applying substantial financial pressure on Russia. China, meanwhile, is doing nothing. If I were Ukrainian, I wouldn't be cutting ANY deals with Beijing in the near future.
Unless you can use it to put the screws on Moscow. Still, be very cautious...

Unless you can use it to put the screws on Moscow. Still, be very cautious...

Hopefully, the US and EU will be savvy and if, as we all hope, Putin gets deposed, they come in and offer help to rebuild the economy and make real, tangible progress to better integrate Russia into the international community. For too long, Russia has been influenced by ex-Cold War warriors who want to rebuild the glory days. Perhaps this crisis may open the door for a rapprochement between Russia and the West that regains the opportunities we lost, or thoughtlessly surrendered, after the break-up of the USSR.

I did say I was an optimist...!

God bless that grandmother

I echo your blessing. The words of Dickens come to mind:

Scrooge: "Is there a peculiar flavour in what you sprinkle from your torch?"

Spirit of Christmas Present: "There is. My own."

Scrooge: "Would it apply to any kind of dinner on this day?"

Spirit of Christmas Present: "To any kindly given. To a poor one most."

Scrooge: "Why to a poor one most?"

Spirit of Christmas Present: "Because it needs it most."

275921180_390936063078399_7250622756677934541_n.phone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back