"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A big one is Ukraine's different rail gauge than those in the EU, meaning the trains must offload at the Polish, Romanian, Slovakian or Hungarian borders.

View attachment 730795

Another issue is Polish farmers do not like Ukrainian grain transiting through Poland as it collapses their pricing.

Nor do the Hungarian ones. Economically, most grain farmers outside Ukraine have benefited from the war, as grain prices rise when Ukrainian grain can't be shipped.

ODESA, Ukraine (AP) — Russia struck the Ukrainian Black Sea city of Odesa on Sunday, keeping up a barrage of attacks that has damaged critical port infrastructure in southern Ukraine in the past week. At least one person was killed and 22 others wounded in the early morning attack, officials said.

Four children were among those wounded in the blasts, which severely damaged 25 landmarks across the city, including the historic Transfiguration Cathedral.

Russia has been launching repeated attacks on Odesa, a key hub for exporting grain, since Moscow canceled a landmark grain deal on Monday amid Kyiv's grinding efforts to retake its occupied territories.

After the fires were put out at the Orthodox cathedral, volunteers donned hard hats, shovels and brooms to begin removing rubble and try to salvage any artifacts — under the watchful gaze of the saints whose paintings remained intact. Local officials said the icon of the patroness of the city was retrieved from under the rubble.

Attacking a church during services ...

Attacking civilian targets in Ukraine, however, steeles their resolve.

All Russia is doing, is making Ukrainians more determined than ever to defeat the invaders. Especially when children are involved.

Look how the people immediately went back into the church to clean it up. This is not a people even close to being demoralized.

Sometimes it works. Like the bombing of the US barracks in Beirut that led to a wholesale retreat of US forces from Lebanon.

That's a very different set of circumstances. America could withdraw, Ukraine can't; and attacking a civilian place of worship while in use has a barbarism far beyond attacking enemy combatants in their quarters.

attacking a civilian place of worship while in use has a barbarism far beyond attacking enemy combatants in their quarters.
Well yes, that's why Russia believes it could be effective. Make Ukraine's citizens fell unsafe wherever they are, at church, shopping malls, restaurants or in their beds. The London Blitz and the Bomber Command/USAAF bombing of Germany cities failed to crack the will of the targeted people, but Putin's giving it a go nonetheless.

Well yes, that's why Russia believes it could be effective. Make Ukraine's citizens fell unsafe wherever they are, at church, shopping malls, restaurants or in their beds. The London Blitz and the Bomber Command/USAAF bombing of Germany cities failed to crack the will of the targeted people, but Putin's giving it a go nonetheless.

Glad you brought up the history of terror bombing. I don't think it's worked in the past, and I don't think it will here, m'self.

You jest I know, but today's Germany has no offensive capability.
kind of reminds me of this classic:

2596ACDE-A390-428B-9BFB-AC2D83471442.jpeg

Glad you brought up the history of terror bombing. I don't think it's worked in the past, and I don't think it will here, m'self.
So then we must ponder what's Putin doing it for? Putting aside that he's a psychopathic autocrat acting without a strategically-based reason, perhaps he's trying to put domestic and international pressure onto Zelenskyy to commit his reserves and commence the big counteroffensive punch earlier than otherwise planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back