"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nobody seems to remember the Iraqis, who blew up oil wells, causing tremendous spills and fires, which was an ecological disaster.
Sure we do. There was even a big Oscar-nominated film about about it, Fires of Kuwait. I saw it myself on IMAX, impactful stuff. But that was over thirty years ago. And that was in the Middle East, where most of us don't care what happens. If Ukraine ruptures an oil tanker in the Black Sea the NATO members supporting Ukraine will take notice and the firm lines defining who's the good and bad guys will be blurred. So, Zelenskyy tread carefully, and if you want to hit things on the water, go for Russian warships and the Kerch bridge and leave oil tankers out of it.

When you're fighting for survival as a nation and people, how much weight would or should you put on environmental concerns?
If that survival is dependent on the generosity and support of other nations, it would be best to ask them. Hey France, if someone you support today with arms, sinks (in their mind justifiably) an oil tanker belonging to a nation you've recently fallen out with, and causes an ecological disaster within European waters will you continue to send arms to that someone at the same rate? Just asking for a friend.

Last edited:

If other nations place the ecology of a body of water which doesn't even lave their own shores above my nation's freedom and our survival, then I'd hope my nation would find a way without their help.

I sure would not don kid gloves for fear of offending foreign opinion when my own nation's survival is on the line. "Thanks all the same" would be the answer most, I think, would agree apt.

Last edited:
Apologies for linking to the Daily Mail, but something very big went boom at a factory about 50km north of Moscow in the last few hours.

The mushroom cloud went higher than the cloud base.

Supposedly the plant made optical equipment, including night vision and medical devices. Whatever they were storing in the vicinity seems to have been very energetic.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread