"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a lot of black smoke for a "promptly-extinguished" fire.

This article states that "a forever war favors Putin", but I don't think that's the case. A guerilla war in Ukraine will tie his regime to its dumbest decision for many more years than Russia may afford to fight it. Look at the influence the Afghan insurgency had in undermining the Soviet regime.

Remember very early this year the Americans admitted that the Ukrainians mastered the tanks that the US Army said needed a year to master in under two months.

The same will apply to the F-16 because the Ukrainian have a really good incentive to master every new weapon "yesterday" unlike the US servicemen who have no incentives to hurry because their families are safe and sound.

I would bet on a good Ukrainian pilot with a month on the front lines in an F-16 beating the USAFs top gun F-16 pilot two out of every three times, if not more.

We always talk about how technology is good but experience is just as useful.

We now are at the point where experienced pilots will be flying better tech. Sure, takes time to adapt to systems, but to be frank, American systems are more user-friendly in general. The GUI is better, the ergonomics are better, and with the F-16 there's the tilt-seat.

Agreed, particularly as the AFU is proving increasingly adept at taking the fight to the Russians in their own cities

Agreed, particularly as the AFU is proving increasingly adept at taking the fight to the Russians in their own cities

Look, the Ukrainians getting subsonic drones all the way to Moscow and Rostov. Now, let's do 900-kt lo-pro insertion attacks simply in the support elements of the front lines. Hey, maybe wash their systems with some drones to clutter their computers?

I bet the Ukrainians will figure out how to strap some Storm Shadows on them too. That's a nice package.

ETA: F-16s can perform Wild Weasel missions too. Bust an opening with four and use others to take out ground forces defending the minefields. Or open a lane to interdict supply lines in the rear.

Last edited:
I'm still curious as to how the Ukrainians are able to get a drone (or several) to travel the distance from Ukraine proper all the way to Moscow completely undetected in spite of a heightened Russian air defence network.

Right, there's been worry about that here on the forum, regarding A2/AD, but we see these low-and-slow drones penetrating 400mi into Russian territory. Now picture that with manned planes flying twice the speed, carrying eight or ten times the loadout with onboard smart guidance.

This should have been starting prep at this time last year when Congress approved training. And to your oft-stated point, it may well already be in process. But these "delays", more aptly described as foot-dragging, might be hamstringing the Ukrainian offensive.

Our American support must not only be steadfast, it must be as well timely. As in, before it's goddamned needed.

Users who are viewing this thread