"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ref the bolded bit, that's not happening. It was an April fools from some aviation blogger, which got some traction among the meme stock crowd and conspiracy theorists (which unsurprisingly have significant overlap).

Oh dear, what a pity, so sad.

That said you have to feel for the crew.

Several videos are now online, purporting to have captured Prigozhin's private jet coming down in freefall and trailing smoke. Port wing and engine are missing from the airframe.

A malfunction is possible, but highly unlikely in the fashion seen in the videos (even with Russia being cut off from OEM support). The Embraer Legacy that came down was an ERJ-135 airliner with the interior redone as a business jet. Modern airliners just don't lose a wing and an engine unless something totally catastrophic happened.

If these are genuine, then I'd say its better than 99% that it was something external. Most likely possibility is a missile strike. There's a rare chance that there could have been a mid-air collision.

EDIT: There's another video up that shows the aircraft in freefall with what looks like the typical white puff cloud associated with a missile impact nearby.

Let's remember what Prigozhin was most famous for. For me, he and his 'Wagner' will always be associated only with such achievements:

Fortunately, the well-deserved award has finally found its hero.

Ref the bolded bit, that's not happening. It was an April fools from some aviation blogger, which got some traction among the meme stock crowd and conspiracy theorists (which unsurprisingly have significant overlap).

Damn. I didn't see that April fools joke until now. I was originally looking At this report from last month, but now see that it's only speculative, with no hard dates or info.

While I am appreciative of Prigozhin's fate, I am furious at those filthy bastards for murdering the crew and any innocents who had the misfortune to be aboard that aircraft.

I can only hope that one day, those that were complicit, find themselves in a trench somewhere on Russia's western border, with several hundred angry Ukrainian infantry bearing down on them...

It just occered to me that Ukraine *may* be building up to assault and take Crimea first.

All the signs are there:
The drive to the Sea of Azov, crippling or taking out bridges to Crimea and now this.

All eyes have been on north-eastern sectors with occasional pushes around the southern areas, but I'm starting to see a pattern here.

That explains the small-scale probing attacks by single rockets and drones - Sigint to locate valuable targets and to detect possible movement patterns.
But sounds like the crew preferred drinking Vodka instead of keeping a regular movement scheme.

I like it. A necessary step is to get several bridges built over the Dniper river so to race to Crimea.

Users who are viewing this thread