"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A preliminary U.S. intelligence assessment has found that the plane crash presumed to have killed Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin was intentionally caused by an explosion, according to U.S. and Western officials.

One of the officials, who were not authorized to comment and spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the explosion fell in line with Russian President Vladimir Putin's "long history of trying to silence his critics."

The officials did not offer any details of what caused the explosion that was believed to have killed Prigozhin and several of his lieutenants to avenge a mutiny that challenged the Russian leader's authority.

Details of the U.S. assessment surfaced as Putin on Thursday expressed his condolences to the families of those who were reported to be aboard the jet and referred to "serious mistakes."

Because you want to send a message to any others who might get the idea of rebelling.
Respectfully, reaching out and Away from Russia sends a much stronger 'message'. Now, some other interested agency Not Russian, accomplishes more whacking them in Russia. Both would be examples of demonstrating that 'they can't hide anywhere'.

Respectfully, reaching out and Away from Russia sends a much stronger 'message'. Now, some other interested agency Not Russian, accomplishes more whacking them in Russia. Both would be examples of demonstrating that 'they can't hide anywhere'.

Maybe, maybe not. You're asking me to join you in speculating on Putin's motives. I don't think a quiet, unnoticed death sends any message far and wide. A key part of ruling by terror is that the terror is known.

As for other nations being involved, neither of us has any evidence. One guess is as good as another.

I like evidence.

Thing is, you're speaking as someone who is thinking rationally, objectively - and assuming that Putin still has that level of command, control and advice.

It *may* be a sign of desperation and an indication of another wheel having come off the waggon.

And more about Ukrainian pilots Stateside training; they will be trained by 162nd Wing

I know it's life or death, but if I was a young Ukrainian pilot this would have to be one of the highlights of my life. You go from a Ukrainian unit making do with old Russian kit to Morris ANG Base to train on F-16s. Just look at this place, amazing.

558c142df2512.image.jpg

A preliminary U.S. intelligence assessment has found that the plane crash presumed to have killed Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin was intentionally caused by an explosion, according to U.S. and Western officials.

One of the officials, who were not authorized to comment and spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the explosion fell in line with Russian President Vladimir Putin's "long history of trying to silence his critics."

The officials did not offer any details of what caused the explosion that was believed to have killed Prigozhin and several of his lieutenants to avenge a mutiny that challenged the Russian leader's authority.

Details of the U.S. assessment surfaced as Putin on Thursday expressed his condolences to the families of those who were reported to be aboard the jet and referred to "serious mistakes."
"...might have been intentional". Ya' think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back