"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (10 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Possibly time to release the Groundhogs

View attachment 735548
FINALLY!

This doesn't seem to be much damage for the size of drone that would be needed to travel 460kms to Moscow. Not an expert in drones or blast damage but it seems rather small, more like an artillery shell or small drone

View attachment 735549
I love the article's title.

Another from the same article. A couple of rocks could do as much damage. Have there been any civilian casualties in these "Ukraine" drone attacks?

Are you suggesting that the wonderful Mr Putin would launch local drones to build up anti-Ukrainian sentiment? How could you say such a thing against such a loving president

This part does keep coming up

There are additional series of prepared Russian defensive positions further south of the current Ukrainian advance, although Russian forces will only be able to fully leverage these positions if they have the available personnel and materiel to incorporate them into cohesive defensive operations.

The issue of a lack of men and basic equipment does seem to be the Achilles heal. More and more bloggers and observers seem to be mentioning it. You can have the best defences in the world, but if there's no one to man them, they count for nothing. Yet Putin has diverted many tens of thousands of men to his personal protection, just when they are needed the most.

This is especially true of minefields, G Glider . Without defending troops, minefields are speedbumps -- they slow you down but don't stop you. Minefields with good troops -- not supply guys -- might be deathtraps. Minefields without those troops? They buy only time. If ISW is right and the Russians are throwing in second-line troops, more movement might be possible.

Now I've read that the Russians are deploying elements of the 76th Guards Airborne Division to this area. This, by ISW, is a lateral reinforcement, which implies that they're short enough on reserves that they're repositioning what they think of as their best from another sector. If true, that not only speaks to their lack of general reserves, but also to the point that they may be stripping other sectors to reinforce a failing area.

It reads like a mish-mash to me.

Good one Thump:
Especially interesting:

"The Russian military has recently suffered from multiple public instances of insubordination, and ISW has previously assessed that the Russian military chain of command is deteriorating."

and

"No prominent channels known to be directly affiliated with Wagner have shared additional information on the future of the group despite speculation from nominally pro-Wagner channels, while the majority of Russian sources have focused their attention on kinetic activity on the frontline."

They will miss the ferocity of Wagner.

Jim

Russian C³ has been hit-and-miss throughout this war. But I think that we might be seeing now further fraying. Another PMC is now saying they will not fight until Putin gets an arrested leader out of Norway. Russia is now deploying at least one regiment of airborne south to stop the Ukrainian drive.

Disunified command can bring big problems.

Now I've read that the Russians are deploying elements of the 76th Guards Airborne Division to this area. This, by ISW, is a lateral reinforcement, which implies that they're short enough on reserves that they're repositioning what they think of as their best from another sector. If true, that not only speaks to their lack of general reserves, but also to the point that they may be stripping other sectors to reinforce a failing area.
Putin did that during the battle of Bakhmut, too.

He was drawing from several bases, including an elite unit from Kalilingrad, all of which suffered high casualties, further depleting his highly trained units.

In at least one instance, one of his transferred units (don't recall the unit's name), ceased to exist, their casualties were literally in the high ninety percentile.

I agree, though the Ukrainian focus on Bahkmut did give Russia time to fortify the entire front in Zaporizhzhia, delaying the much vaulted spring offensive - fortifications which are only now being tackled. A necessity, as Bahkmut had to be held, but still a consequence of choices made.

I wish they'd done holding actions at Bakhmut like they're doing around Kharkiv. I get the need for dispersing Russian manpower, but I think pushing against Bakhmut is drawing further upon reserves better spent to the south.

I agree, though the Ukrainian focus on Bahkmut did give Russia time to fortify the entire front in Zaporizhzhia, delaying the much vaulted spring offensive - fortifications which are only now being tackled. A necessity, as Bahkmut had to be held, but still a consequence of choices made.
If you recall, Ukraine committed only enough manpower to hold the line while they also kept pressure up all across the line elsewhere.
And while Russia was pouring it's resources into Bakhmut, Ukraine forces were also making gaines in the south-east because of thinning Russian numbers.

Putin did that during the battle of Bakhmut, too.

He was drawing from several bases, including an elite unit from Kalilingrad, all of which suffered high casualties, further depleting his highly trained units.

In at least one instance, one of his transferred units (don't recall the unit's name), ceased to exist, their casualties were literally in the high ninety percentile.

Let's see what another draft of 300,000 does to his domestic standing. Should get some good Youtube out of it.

If you recall, Ukraine committed only enough manpower to hold the line while they also kept pressure up all across the line elsewhere.
And while Russia was pouring it's resources into Bakhmut, Ukraine forces were also making gaines in the south-east because of thinning Russian numbers.
I *almost* forget to mention Kherson in that post.

So while Ukraine was holding back waves of Russian pawns at Bakhmut, they pushed into, and through Kherson - which is actually a hell of an acheivement.

Let's see what another draft of 300,000 does to his domestic standing. Should get some good Youtube out of it.
There is a good chance that even if he ordered it and people complied its probably too late for him.

On a different topic, I am seeing some reports that Russia is now being hampered by the minefields that it laid. There are corridors through the minefields and as Ukraine are discovering them its making it very difficult for Russia to use them. As a result Russia are finding it difficult to reinforce areas under threat, and counterattacking through those minefields, almost an impossibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back