"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Assuming he wasn't corrupt, I hope Reznikov is given a new role where he can continue to contribute to Ukraine's success. Reznikov did his part in getting Western arms, tanks, etc. to Ukraine. After Zelenskyy himself only Olena Zelenska had a more productive international profile for Ukraine than Reznikov.

So far, none of the corruption claims against him have been proven and the accusation mentioned in the article (food prices) was based on the wrong data, - journalists used the draft spreadsheet with errors in formulas.
Saying that this Ministry (and many other parts of the Government) is a kind of Augean Stables that require a longer time to clean. I hope that his successor will have enough will to continue and to stay for another 2-3 years at least.

After the tyres on the wings, this is another interesting innovation. Flaktürme reborn?
Somewhere near Moscow. Pantzir S1.
1693821115640.png

1693821134989.png

I have seen reports that the Leopard 2 tanks are doing well in combat with five having been lost including three in that early example where they were ambushed trying to attack across the minefield off Mala Tokmachka. The important thing is that all the crews have survived which must be doing wonders for their morale.
Ten more have been damaged but were able to be repaired and returned to combat.

Source Daily Digest

Recent Forbes reporting revealed Ukraine has only lost five of its seventy-one Leopard 2 tanks based on visual loss statistics from Dutch open-source intelligence firm Oryx. Several more Leopard 2 tanks have suffered serious damage according to Forbes but it isn't a problem that has been keeping the all-too-important weapons out of the fight. At least ten German-made Leopard 2 tanks have been damaged since Ukraine went on the counter-offensive and most have been sent to repair facilities in Poland or Germany.
Forbes journalist David Axe explained that the toughness of Germany's Leopard 2 tank meant that it could withstand a serious amount of damage before it would need repairs. This has allowed Ukrainian forces to use the machines in their brutal battles in the south and quickly send the tanks for repairs in order to have them back for the next big push.

For me the impressive part of this, is that the Leopard 2 is generally believed to be less well protected than the M1 and the Challenger 2. This doesn't bode well for Russia as according to one recent report, in the last six months 75% of the Russian tanks lost are from the Soviet Union Era and 25% more recently built in Russia times. Before this the percentage was reversed with 75% of the losses being more modern Russian built tanks. The presumption being that Russia is relying more and more on refurbished old tanks and these refurbished tanks are almost never equipped with modern western technology.

Last edited:
From that thread:

Yeah, the lack of logistical overhead wasn't really a good economy to make, ya think?
I think it's great propaganda. The brilliant strategist has lured the Ukrainians into a trap in the south, while his master stroke is being prepared unseen in the north.
In today's battlefield, nothing moves without being seen. If the Russians were massing on the Polish-Ukrainian border in the north, we would know about it.

I think it's great propaganda. The brilliant strategist has lured the Ukrainians into a trap in the south, while his master stroke is being prepared unseen in the north.
In today's battlefield, nothing moves without being seen. If the Russians were massing on the Polish-Ukrainian border in the north, we would know about it.

I'm not really sold on the "great" part, m'self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back