"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that the above video title is misleading (knowingly or otherwise).

The video is so poor that in the 1st segment I cannot tell what the Leopard 2A6 hit on the other side of the intersection was - T-80BV or GAZ.

In the 2nd segment the hit on the Russian tank is from a top-attack ATGM of some sort, not a 120mm APFSDS or HEAT/MP round. Interestingly, the driver of the 2nd tank seems to have survived and the vehicle is still mobile.

More notably German tanks with feline names against Russian with T- names.
Indeed. Somewhere beneath a swamp or riverbed in Ukraine sits a Panther or Tiger egging on the Leopards against Russia's tanks. Of course those former tanks weren't in the area to support Ukraine independence, though the Waffen-SS Division "Galicia" was made up of Ukrainians who indeed fought to rid Ukraine of Russians, including my wife's great uncle, who was refused entry to Canada and instead settled in the US. My mother in law remembers his SS tattoo.

Germany's new Panther tank looks impressive.

Last edited:
DefenseWebTV is not Ukraine sourced, and although the video is obviously from a Ukraine source there is no guarantee that the title of the video is or that the subtitles are correct.

It was the 14. Waffen-Grenadier Division der SS (galizische Nr. 1).
There was a subtle distinction between the Waffen SS Divisionen and the Waffen Divisionen der SS.
The former were composed generally of ethnic Germans if such a thing ever exists, and considered by themselves as the true SS elite, the other made of the volunteers of the various originous countries used conviniently as it added manpower.

re the Leopard 2A6 vs T-?? video

Note that in the 2nd segment the tank's turret is traversed to~90° left of forward when hit. Subsequently, we see the tank driving away with the turret traversed to ~0°, or dead forward. I may be out of touch but I have not heard of any of the Soviet/Russian tanks having a remote traverse operated by the driver. This implies that one or both of the turret crew survived.

Also, while what the commentator said about the ammunition is true as far as it goes, the development/signature of the warhead blast is typical of a top-attack ATGM. If you are willing to take the time go back to some of the earlier posts where videos of the NLAW attacks are shown - I think you will see the similarity. Unfortunately, I do not have a comparable video for a 120mm HEAT/MP round, but I have seen quite a few in test and can attest that they have a significantly different signature when hitting a target. (Note that the 120mm HEAT/MP is not top-attack capable.)

Obviously, I have not seen every 120mm HEAT/MP (or similar round) signature ever fired, so I could be wrong.

PS A TOW 2 warhead would have a similar blast signature to the NLAW - when used in top-attack mode. If this was part of the same battle, maybe the Bradley was responsible?

Last edited:
Russian military personnel continue to detail persistent problems hindering Russian operations along the frontline in Ukraine. The "Rusich" Sabotage and Reconnaissance Group, a far-right Russian irregular paramilitary unit, published a list of various issues on September 8 that it claims are persistent along the frontline. Rusich claimed that Russian counterbattery range and accuracy are inferior to Ukrainian capabilities and claimed that Russian forces lack laser-guided Krasnopol shells and UAVs to guide them.[8] The Rusich Group also claimed that the Russian Tornado-S multiple launch rocket system (MLRS) is less resistant to electronic warfare (EW) than Ukraine's US-provided HIMARS systems.[9] The Rusich Group also noted that many Russian personnel buy their own communication technology, making it difficult for different units using different models of technology to communicate with each other.[10] The Rusich Group claimed that Russian forces do not evacuate wounded or dead personnel from frontline areas, and that this lack of evacuations has prompted some Russian personnel to refuse to complete combat tasks.[11] The Rusich Group may be experiencing these problems at a higher intensity and frequency than Russian forces writ large because it is a small and irregular formation, but ISW has routinely observed other Russian units expressing similar issues with counterbattery capabilities, communications, and evacuations.[12]

Users who are viewing this thread