"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The commitment by NATO and other countries is not likely to be reversed as they are already all in
on this. Some member states may flip flop but the main players will not.

Look at the moves from German and British firms to set up manufacturing in Ukraine itself. This is
a long term signal to Russia and anyone else that NATO countries are not going to allow any
creeping destabilisation of Europe which lead to major wars in the recent past.

Add in Poland's large increase in defence capability commitment as well as their own expansion
of defence manufacturing and it should be obvious that European countries are looking to stronger
military capacity whether there is outside help or not.

Looks to me like Putin is destroying NATO from the inside - Turkey, Romania and possibly soon Slovakia
I hope I am right but I believe it to be short term personal gain. When this is all over Russia will be a shadow of its former self, economically, militarily, politically, you name it.
These countries depend of the West for their wealth and when push comes to shove, they will know what side their bread is buttered on.

Sept 30 (Reuters) - Ukraine's air force shot down 30 out of 40 Iranian-made "Shahed" drones launched by Russia in an overnight attack on central and southern regions, regional and military officials said on Saturday.

The South Military command said that 20 drones were shot down in the central Vinnytsia region and another 10 over the Odesa and Mykolaiv regions in the south.

Natalia Humeniuk, a spokesperson for the southern command, told Ukrainian TV that Russia continued to attack port infrastructure, including on the Danube river, and was also attempting to strike critical infrastructure facilities in other Ukrainian regions "to impact the economy".

[...]

Serhiy Borzov, the Vinnytsia regional governor, said that an infrastructure facility was hit in the region, causing a powerful fire. He gave no other details about the damage.

That seems a bit ... desperate. Maybe it's an attempt to keep morale high (well, somewhat out of the toilet, anyway....) by giving the ground crews something to do while they wait for the next drone onslaught...... I remember reading somewhere that crews of ships in WW2 on the North Atlantic run had a greater sense of security if the ship was camouflaged (despite the lack of evidence that camo made any difference at all in their environment)

Users who are viewing this thread