"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So how will Tucker Carlson react to that I wonder...

He will say that all poor Russia wants is its land back, and that we should not bully them. By taking Alaska back Putin is protecting the people.

And his gullible viewers will eat it up like they always do. I actually know someone who thinks Tucker is a lighthouse in the search for truth, that he only says what true patriots think, and that he is a great example of good journalism. His words not mine.

https://www.facebook.com/
hard to not to respect such leader

We had a couple of sayings about leadership in the service:

"I'd follow him into Hell."

"He couldn't lead a flight to the latrine if they had amoebic dysentery".

Clearly Zelenskyy is the former; one hell of a leader. Any country in similar circumstances would be lucky to have a leader cut from the same cloth: able to give true voice to the determination and will of his people, and able to inspire them to perform far beyond objective expectations.

I'm thinking President Zelenskyy just might be very akin to President Lincoln as a wartime leader.

He strikes me more as Churchillian, but then Lincoln didn't have the advantage of electrical communications to common folk. Zelinskyy's using his communications to marshal his country, on point, with a clear message. That's something Lincoln couldn't really understand given the technical limitations of the day. Zelinskyy understands that. He is, after all, a performer -- and that is not a criticism. He knows how to work an audience.

In any event, the sonofabitch knows how to move people, and that's exactly what Ukraine needs right now: a leader who isn't cowed, who inspires.

Users who are viewing this thread