"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the excellent article - it's a sobering dash of cold water: it methodically lays out the path that has been taken to get us to this point. It also shatters any illusions that wishful thinkers may harbour about negotiation to end the war. Only one thing will do that: Russia's defeat on the battlefield

Did Zelenskyy think that support from the US and West was solid? When the US supported Israel in the 1973 Yom Kippur War the Israelis fought and defeated the invading Arabs within a month, not 24 months. An unfair comparison, definitely, but today's Americans and other westerners want unrealistic results, but want them nevertheless. The US and West isn't supplying billions $$ in weapons, ammunition and support in order for Ukraine to hold the land it already has, nor to make incremental advances of a few hundred sqKms. Ukraine needs to achieve dramatic gains before the end of the year, or as the West both loses interest and becomes accustomed to Putin, they'll be increasingly cut off in 2025.

Last edited:
Did Zelenskyy think that support from the US and West was solid?
I don't think they would have but it is still disappointing to see. I am sure Putin is pleased with his 'useful idiots'.

putin-dance-putin.gif

I would caution that politico.eu tends to lean in a certain direction.

In this article, the opening paragraph hits the nail on the head:

Fair points in that one. US support in other conflicts went on for a fair while at times - e.g. support for the mujahideen in Afghanistan went
from 1979 to 1992 and even included supplies of stinger missiles.

One of the key points that tends to get lost in the shuffle, is that the U.S. and the Soviet Union/Russia were always destined to lock horns.

With Putin over extending himself in this current debacle, the opportunity is right to take Russia down several notches and Ukraine is more than willing to do the heavy lifting.

With Russia's teeth pulled, the U.S. can give it's full and undivided attention to the Pacific, where a very serious threat exists.

What that article tells me is that whoever is more effective in framing their argument will get more support. I'm not sure that's a positive thing.
You have hit the nail on the head.

When one block of political persuasion are entirely aligned with the (coordinated) talking points of one POV, and the 'other block' with different POV have talking points (equally coordinated) with POV 180degrees apart, two things are clear:

It isn't thriving environment for independent journalism

Government/Business and Media are under at LEAST loose central control.

My perspective for some time - at least 30 years - is that they all lie, unless otherwise proven. Buyer Beware.

The United States has transferred to Ukraine hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition seized from Iran last year, the Pentagon announced Wednesday.

The Monday transfer to the Ukrainian armed forces included 1.1 million 7.62 mm rounds, munitions Washington obtained in July through the Justice Department's civil forfeiture claims against Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), according to a statement from U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM).

The ammunition — originally seized by CENTCOM naval forces in December as the weapons were being smuggled to the Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen — is expected to help ease munitions shortages among Ukrainian forces as they wait for more lethal aid from Western nations.

The United States has transferred to Ukraine hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition seized from Iran last year, the Pentagon announced Wednesday.

The Monday transfer to the Ukrainian armed forces included 1.1 million 7.62 mm rounds, munitions Washington obtained in July through the Justice Department's civil forfeiture claims against Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), according to a statement from U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM).

The ammunition — originally seized by CENTCOM naval forces in December as the weapons were being smuggled to the Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen — is expected to help ease munitions shortages among Ukrainian forces as they wait for more lethal aid from Western nations.

Oh, the sweet irony…

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back